Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta won’t charge past 75% and turns off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with their Fitbit Alta not charging past 75%? After attempting to charge it and wear the device it immediately shuts off as well. I have tried restarting it a few time’s but no luck.

Any tips would be appreciated. 
Thank you! 

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Mines doing the same thing, even bought a new charger

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Davide, I am also experiencing the same issue. I also don’t use Twitter so am struggling to get in touch with customer services. Can you please pass on and gave someone contact me? 

many thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the exact same problem and I need help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to resolve the issue besides buying
a new device *eyeroll*. This has occurred to me with three
separate devices, fitbit alta, fitbit charge, and fitbit versa. I have
found it is extremely frustrating that these devices seems to quit working
shortly after a years worth of use. I've made the switch to apple for this
reason. Shame on fitbit for allowing their devices to wear so quickly.
Best Answer

Aww!!! Dang! Was hoping not to hear that!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's because Fitfit products are honestly very low quality. I have had 2 that I received as gifts, and one I received when I participated in walking study. All 3 have been replaced due to issues that Fitbit support can't seem to fix. Not charging, not holding a charge log, simply not turning on anymore, etc. Luckily I have not given this company any of my own money nor will I ever. There is a reason you don't see "lifetime warranty" on any of their products. Shockingly, I got a cheap chinese step tracker for $5 on some shady deal site about 5 years ago and it actually still works today.

Best Answer

Hi did you get the problem resolved as mine has been the same too for weeks now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi DavideFitbit is there a so,union to this what seems to be a very common problem

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, so I just bought something else.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me as well! ☹️ 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try the "put fitbit in a plastic bag in the freezer" trick? It actually works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since one of the updates to the iOS app earlier this year, my Alta stops charging at 75% and won't go higher no matter how long I keep it plugged in.  However I have found if I remove it from the charger, and unplug the charger too, then wait about 5 minutes and then reconnect everything again, it goes up to 100% and the charge lasts about a week or so.  Works every time for me.

Best Answer