Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit alta wont turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit alta wont turn on anymore. I plug it in and its fully charged and so I'll go to put it on and then it will 'sleep' but not turn back on. But whenever i plug it in it says its charged. Ive restarted it and still won't fix the problem. What can i do. 

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hi @Hatcher  if restarting it several times hasn't revived it, more than likely the Alta's internal battery has died. Fitbits do a lot while they are being used and just like any other non-replaceable battery device, it eventually stops working.Might be time to look at upcoming sales for a new Fitbit. The Inspire series is much like the Alta series.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Hatcher, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for troubleshooting your device prior to posting too. Let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to provide you with further assistance regarding the difficulties you're currently experiencing. That said, please keep an eye to your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you pretty soon. 

In the meantime they contact you, let me know if you have any additional questions.

@Odyssey13 Thanks for the information that was shared in your post, the willingness to help is always appreciated here in the Community Forums.

See you around.

Best Answer

This is my exact problem. Fitbit help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @emmamcnealy, sorry for the delayed reply.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation 

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for that article, but unfortunately, I've already gone through
those. I've tried resetting it multiple times to no avail. What can I do
now?

Best,

Emma
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  Of course I am 18 days past the 1 year warranty!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mjjf, welcome to the Community Forums. Your reply is appreciated @emmamcnealy. Sorry for the delayed reply.  

@emmamcnealy Thanks for taking into consideration the steps that were shared on my previous post, I'm sorry to know that you're still experiencing the same issue. I'd like to let you know that our Support team was contacted on your behalf for them to provide you with further assistance. Please keep an eye to your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you soon. Same for you @Mjjf, they'll be in touch with you in a timely manner.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. I actually own two fitbit altas (one was a gift) and both are able to be fully charged but turn off after they are off the charger. I've tried restarting them multiple times but that hasn't helped either. And they keep the charge too, when they're put back on the charge the battery appears to be full. Why won't either one stay on?

Best Answer
Unfortunately, I don’t have an answer for you. Fitbit contacted me based on
the question I submitted and offered to replace the Fitbit Alta with a new
pebble in spite of the fact that it was slightly over warranty. I was
very pleased with their customer service and have been using my Alta since
then!
Best Answer

Great news @Mjjf ! Fitbit does take each case individually, so it is always worth asking them. Keep on stepping!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi, my Fitbit has suddenly stopped working today. It is charged and I have tried the reset three times but no change. Is there anything else I can do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my Fitbit won’t turn on. I have tried to reset it three times but this hasn’t worked. I posted this on this forum to see if there is anything else I can do. Strangely it did suddenly turn on and synced with the app but has now turned off again with just a black screen. What should I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been the case for me for several months and the past 3-4 days it has increased.  Since they dropped the Alta I don't expect them to do anything about the problem or even respond really.  I'm so frustrated because I loved my Alta and don't really care for the other trackers available now.  I will probably replace mine with a Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sizzlejr @clairebr @LyndiVM Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

Sorry to hear that your Alta isn't working correctly and thank you if you have already troubleshooted this issue. @Sizzlejr @clairebr I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

@LyndiVM you don't mention if you have tried any troubleshoots and I don't have many details from you so I don't know if this may be a battery or screen issue. Try cleaning the contacts using cotton swab with rubbing alcohol, then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's USB port (try different ports) or use an UL-certified USB adapter. After this, restart your device and see how it behaves. You can follow these instructions to help your device charge.

@Mjjf really happy to hear that our Support team was able to provide a replacement and that you are back on track with your daily activity.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
This was an issue I tried to resolve several months ago with no success.  Yes, been through all the steps.  I have restarted the device many, many, many times.  It has become a piece of junk and since Fitbit did away with the Alta and I don't like the trackers you offer now I don't know which direction I will go.  I truly wish you had kept the Alta. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues with my Fitbit. I have charged it, the battery says full, I have tried to restart it several times. Nothing seems to work. As of last month I will have had it 1 year. I am very sad because I love my Fitbit and I just don't know what to do. Any assistance that someone could offer me would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am facing similar issues. My battery dies after an hour even after being charged for multiple hours

Best Answer
0 Votes