Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't display time when I tap or move it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the Fitbit yesterday and set it up with a customer service rep.  Today it won't display the time or other features when I tap it or move it to a display position.  Will only occasionally display when it seems to be immobile for a period of time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hi

Hope it helps
Best Answer

I just turned my Versa off and restarted it as suggested and the results are much improved! I also learned that tilting my wrist further toward me activated the display. 

One tap now opens the display.

Note: I couldn't find instructions on how to turn on the display in the 87 page manual.

Hopefully the steps and stairs accuracy will improve also. 

Best Answer

Even after a restart the wrist tilt works but the tap activation is intermittent. 

Best Answer

Hold down the button and make sure "screen wake" is ON

Best Answer

If the tap is not working consistantly, my guess is that you are not tspping in the right place. The Alta HR is very particular about where you tap, and where I would assume would be the best place (the centre ofbthe screen) is NOT. It works much better if you tap at the bottom edge of the screen, right where the band attaches, or even just on the band. Give that a try and see if the screen activation improves.

Edited to add - just realised you have a Versa. I assumed it was an Alta HR as you have posted on the end of a thread in the alta HR forum. You are best to post Versa questions in the Versa Forum HERE

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I have a Charge 3 and figured out how to correct the problem.

Sent from XFINITY Connect Application
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit does not respond to movement by showing time

Best Answer

Thank you! This worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hold the side button and make sure "Screen Wake" is set to "auto" not "manual". This worked for me thanks to a user above. 

Best Answer

Thank you, you just saved my day 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks that worked. Greatly appreciate the assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Feel free to throw it in the trash.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What button?  The button that BRICKS IT?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Check your DND and sleep view on your phone.  It might be turned on. Turn that to the off position. Sent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes