Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't sync/pair/connect to my phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit stopped recording syncs a week or so ago.

It's fully charged, I've tried restarting it via the button + the restarting the phone multiple times, I've tried forgetting the bluetooth connection on my phone, and I've tried forgetting the fitbit via the app. I can't re-connect it now, I get the code no problem but get an error after that.

What's the next step?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

update: inputting the wrong code immediately sends a new code. putting the correct code in makes it spin for a 30~ seconds before giving me the error

Best Answer
0 Votes

What phone and OS?

A lot of people, including myself, are having sync issues with Android 11. I have a PIxel 3 and Alta HR.

Stopped syncing reliably since Android 11. Inspire 2 works fine, and a brand new Alta HR has the same sync problems. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pixel 3 XL and Alta HR. I recently upgraded to Android 11 so it sounds like a similar issue.

Have any workarounds been found?

thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only thing Fitbit tech support and others have tried here is to sync the Alta HR to another device (I did it with an iPad), then try with phone.

I did this with a brand new Alta HR. Couldn't even update the firmware on PIxel 3, but updated it with the iPad. It synced fine with the iPad, but again kept losing sync with the PIxel and no notifications went through.

I wonder if the other people on this forum who have synced to another device and back to Pixel really have it syncing perfectly. My new and old Alta HR would sync intermittently, but would randomly show the red exclamation point for failed sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I came here for the same reason. I'm glad it's not just my alta hr but I wish they could figure out a fix. My employer health plan gives incentives for activity and sleep tracking and I can't take advantage because my Fitbit won't sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes