Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fully charged Alta. Will not turn on unless charging after new update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The last time I fully charged my Alta, I synced it and realized there was a new update. I updated it and hours later when I tapped it to check my steps, the display wouldn't turn on at all. I tried syncing it and it couldn't find it. I plugged it back into the charger and it restarted, but was fully charged. I've tried restarting it, multiple times. As soon as it's disconnected from the charger and the display turns off I am not able to get the display to turn back on. Which also means it doesn't track any of my steps. I really think the update has made my fitbit completely unusable. 😞

Best Answer
98 REPLIES 98

My fitbit did the same last week, they sent me a replacement and it does the same. All they can offer is 25% off of a new device. None of which I like. How convenient for business

Best Answer
0 Votes
What other trackers are recommended?

Sent from my iPad

Charlotte L. Allen
Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
Same issue. It's my 3rd one in 5 years. At first it would randomly die but I could get it back if I plugged it in. Now it won't stay on at all. Frustrated and angry.
Best Answer
That is almost exactly what mine did until it completely died. Don’t know if I want another Fit Bit or will try another tracker.

Sent from my iPad

Charlotte L. Allen
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening to me too

Best Answer
0 Votes

My alta has been doing the same thing for months. Talked to agent and they said it was my alta. I purchased another one and it did the same thing. Agent said it was defective si I bought another one. Same thing...now the agent said it was my phone...now I've had the same phone for 2 years and had my alta synced to this phone. Just so tired of FITBIT so I bought an ITOUCH....LOVE IT...trying to delete my account now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got  tired of the agents telling me it was defective...buy a new one...I did...twice....still not working...now they say it is my phone which I've had for 2 years....bought an ITOUCH...LOVE IT

Best Answer
0 Votes

tried that too....didn't help...after buying 2 other fitbit altas and having same issues I bought an ITOUCH...love it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I’ve tried resetting my FitBit as well and haven’t had any luck. I am disappointed with the update. Is there any way to revert back to the old OS?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I replaced my Alta with a Charge 3 after talking to Fitbit support. - Ann
Best Answer
0 Votes
So that’s it? I just have to upgrade because Fitbit made the Alta obsolete?! Ugh

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I refuse to buy another Fitbit. I bought an ITOUCH and love it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I’ll look into this brand

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this as well... I’ve tried everything... I’ve had TWO altas with this issue... it’s rediculous. I prefer the Alta because it’s smaller than other trackers and other fitbits... it’s such a simple device... who knew it could be so unreliable 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I went to an ITOUCH slim tracker. LOVE IT!!!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the recommendation 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m facing the same issue with my Alta 2. It turns on when in the charger but as soon as I take it off it will not work at all. Almost like the battery no longer holds charge 🙁 can anyone help me with this please! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted fitbit support and customer service about the problem but they
said that overtime things wear out and the only thing they could do is
offer my 25% off the next fitbit that I buy. 🙄
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried doing all tge recommendations and nothing works.  So disappointed.  😪

Best Answer
0 Votes