Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fully charged Alta won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! So I've had my Alta for about 6 months now. I went to charge it last night and when I put it on this morning it had a full battery and was working fine. After about an hour I went to check my steps and the screen was completely blank and when I tap on the screen it won't show the different screens. I'm not sure if there's just an issue with the battery or if it's completely dead. 

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

That doesn't sound good. First thing to try is a restart of your Alta:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

If the battery has somehow shorted and discharged then you may need to leave it on charge for a little while before trying the restart

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing.   Earlier this morning I was a week and several hours off on the date/time.   I reset it.  Then I just tapped on the front and nothing happened.   I plugged it back in to the charger and the time is off again and it hasn't been tracking.   The only way to see steps is to plus it into the charger.   Frustrated!

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  Will try SteveH'so advice when I get home, but disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I was charging it. It showed that it was fully charged, unplugged it and when I tap on it nothing shows up. I've also reset it based on instructions and nothing happened.  

Best Answer

its also hot to touch.. Man Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you manage to get yours working. I have tried the restart and it is fully charged but will not turn on when off charge. 

Best Answer
No it never worked again

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to get a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to your fitbit app, go under devices, click on your your device, scroll down to the bottom and turn your keep alive and always connected. That worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t locate that

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried restarting it and still won’t turn on. On my Fitbit app it says it is fully charged but it’s not turning on. I haven’t used it for about a year becuase we have we moving places. Any suggestions now??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fully charged Alta won’t turn on unless plugged into power source

Best Answer

my fit bit is fully charged but the screen is always blank

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  Did you find solution?

Best Answer
I ended up getting a new one. The old one was still under warranty.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a common issue with the Alta apparently. I had mine for two years; it did the same thing (screen blank, gets very hot on charger, phone app cannot find Alta) and I contacted support last month. I had to send them my original Alta and wait for them to receive it and send a replacement. I was grateful they replaced it even though I was without a working fitness tracker for two weeks, however I have had the replacement for about two weeks and it has the exact same problem this morning. I contacted chat support again and they basically said I needed to send it back so they can "investigate" before replacing it again. If you search these forums, this is a common issue with the alta. I had considered upgrading to the versa but now I am considering an apple watch.

Best Answer
Yep. Emailed fitbit support. They asked me to follow a few simple steps
to resolve the issue. In my case it did not resolve. The fitbit was still
in warranty so they shipped me a replacement without any fuss. Get
customer service!

Good luck with yours.
Best Answer
0 Votes
it starts working now thank you for asking
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RemyF @Sammyfee @pyramids1234 @Sonniblair @JamaicaNae @SunsetRunner @NellM welcome to the Community! I apologize for the delayed response

@RemyF Thanks for trying to restart your tracker. I contactes Support and was told that you are already in contact with them. 

@Sammyfee  @Sonniblair  Thanks for the information. Have you tried to restart your Alta?

@JamaicaNae @SunsetRunner @NellM @pyramids1234 Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that Support could help you and/or your device is working again. 

Please keep me posted

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer