Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate and active minutes accuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, this is my second Alta and I've had it for a while, not sure how long. Bought at Best Buy. Last night I was doing a spinning class, and it stated my HR was at 75 when I knew it absolutely was not. I had been on the bike, pedalling steadily at 80 RPM on a reasonably tough gear (11), and sweating (which I don't during most exercise), and that was the HR it told me I had! In addition, while it recorded 34 minutes of "activity" during the class, that did not change when the class concluded 20 minutes later (45 minute class). Perhaps I was only above the threshold on "activity" HR for 34 of the 45 minutes, that's possible, however, I KNOW my HR was not 75 during the class. I was pumping it. Also, it showed 94 after climbing my staircase at home...one time. This has been happening quite a bit lately. Suggestions?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @dgthebee, welcome to the Community Forums! 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post, I appreciate the details that were shared in your post. To better assist you with this situation, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this and how many times since then? This occur only when you're exercising or with your daily stats too? If you haven't already done so, please restart your device and let me know if you experience this situation again:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.

3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I don't know how many times it has happened, but it has happened
before, for example when on my bike and working pretty hard, and it shows
no minutes of activity even though my heart rate is way up...I'm talking
about biking outside last summer. It's been pretty inconsistent, and it's
puzzled me before. So may I've noticed the problem consistently when using
a bike as my workout...I want to record the activity, through the
fitbit/and my heart rate, not manually, but then it doesn't do it and it's
disappointing. I started noticing it last summer.

I've reset it now according to your instructions. I hope this helps and I
notice a difference. If not, what do I do?

D.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @dgthebee, my apologies for the delayed reply.

Thanks for all the details that were shared on your reply, seems odd that your device is tracking information in such way. The restart process should rectify the accuracy concern you're experiencing but if not, you can try the steps that are specified on our help article: How do I improve the accuracy of my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes