Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect Map My Run with Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I record my running data on www.mapmyrun.com but i'm unsure how to link fitbit with this 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

I don’t see Import Workout button. Do I need premium version of MapMyRide?

Best Answer
0 Votes

True, this is what you do to get MapMyWalk to recognize your FitBit. My problem is that despite this, with all the indications that my Charge 3 is connected, none of my heart rate data is synched with MMW. That's the question I would like answered.

Best Answer
0 Votes

...Soooo...I clicked the link, which brought me to my apps tab, which I simply could not find prior. (once I logged in, I just went round and round trying to get beyond the most basic of settings).  anyway, there simply is NO "improvement" tab to be found on my apps tab.  is this something only available with a paid subscription?  I'm about to give up and take my business elsewhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, now that I have Fitbit I would like all my information in one place - how do I import my runs from Strava and mapmyrun and my weights and meals from my fitness Pal all onto my Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm no help as I was never able to get the MFP & Fitbit to link properly.
Good luck!

Moderator edit: removed personal information. 

Best Answer

I am also having issues syncing my data between the 2 apps.  Getting VERY frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @LynDLyle@Changomutney@NKContreras@vanhoesen. I apologize for the delayed response and will be be glad to assist you with your connecting Map My Run with Fitbit. 

Thank you for your feedback and I understand how you feel. Please confirm that you have followed the instructions of this post. 

@Changomutney, at this time you can only export your Fitbit information to the Apps you mentioned but Fitbit can not receive their information. Only if they are connected to My Fitness Pal. 

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to follow the instructions in the post, but was unsuccessful.
On one of the instructions, it says to click the "improve tab" but there
isn't one.

Thank you-
~N

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome for my feedback, but I don't think you do understand how I feel. I have, I have, I HAVE FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE POST. THERE IS NO "IMPROVE" TAB. There just isn't. THAT is the question that keeps coming up on this post. Why must you continue to steer people right back to the list of instructions that reads "click the Improve tab"???? WE'RE LOOKING FOR THE FREAKING  TAB!!!!!! WHERE IS IT?????  Take the instructions down or explain where the tab can be found.

There. NOW you MIGHT understand how I feel. I feel frustrated that there seems to be no effort to resolve the issue, only a redirect to the very set of instructions that's causing the angst.

Best Answer
Um. Hi.
I'm sorry for your frustration but feel you're directing it to the wrong
person as I am also not able to find an "improve tab," nor am I able to
link my MMR to FitBit.

Best of luck-
Nancy
Best Answer
0 Votes
Um.  Hi.  
For some reason, I get all the replies to this question sent to my email.  I'm sorry for your frustration but feel you're directing it to the wrong person as I am also not able to find an "improve tab," nor am I able to link my MMR to FitBit.

Best of luck-
Nancy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can MapMyRun import data into the Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, there!

My Fitbit says it’s synced with MapMyRun, but none of the workouts are showing up on the latter. I also have my preferences set up so workout data and sleep data is supposed to come from my Fitbit. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found this on MapMyRun:

Why are activities and stats are not syncing to MapMy account?

At this time we are only able to sync steps and sleep from Fitbit. These will appear in MapMy as part of your total daily steps count on the 24/7 tab of the website and app. Steps from Fitbit should sync to MapMy at the end of each day (around midnight), so if you are not seeing your steps, please wait until the following day and scroll backward to the previous day to view your total.

Best Answer

You need to take this post down. It has a typo (there is no "Improve" tab). It also doesnt answer the question. Apparently MapMyRun will not sync activities (like runs)...it only syncs steps, which is pretty useless. 

You're post is making a lot of people angry. 

Best Answer

I originally was frustrated by the info provided as couldn’t find the “import workout” button like many others. However, you need to go to the actual website rather than through the app. It’s then easy to find and you can force the sync!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your instructions don’t work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have to have Mapmyrun premium as I can not find the improve tab in my free version of mapmyrun.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Stumbled upon this - https://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/import/dashboard/

Found it by clicking on "Connect Accounts & Devices" under the "24/7" Tab.

Not sure how often they move things around on the site, but it is there as of Jan 2020...

Hope that helps!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes