Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart Alta without an original Alta charger (no restart button)?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have read the instructions to restart my Alta however I don't have a button on the USB cable. Please could someone help? I don't know how else to reset it. Thanks

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

Unclasp the charger and re-clasp it 3 times in a row.  If this doesnt work, try unplugging @ the USB 3 times in a row with 1/2 to 1 second intervals.

Fitbit told me i needed a new official charger ($11 on amazon).... No thanks! 

Best Answer

I have been trying for 5 days to sync my fitbit. The original charger cord broke so I purchased one without the RESET button. Was going to order a new one but your trick worked. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How’s to restart my Fitbit without button 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Once you have Alta Sent to charge remove the sun cord from the cube 3 times. Mine reset itself. Hope this helps you.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
THANK YOU so much! This worked for me as well!
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Plug/unplug method is not working for me. Maybe I just need to buy a new charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Alta eventually failed as well. Wouldn't stay on for more than a few
minutes.

No warranty if after 1 yr. Dont think they're very well made.

Called customer service - there's nothing that can be done.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked for me. Thanks so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I FIGURED OUT HOW TO RESTART THE DEVICE WITHOUT THE RESET BUTTON! 😃

For those of us without a reset button on the charger:

• Connect the charger to your Fitbit device
  • Plug the USB side into your computer or other power source
  • Unplug and "re-plug" the USB three or four times within a couple of seconds (you might have to experiment to get the timing right)

The first couple of unplugs you'll just see the battery icon go from charging/not charging.  When it reboots you will see the Fitbit icon with the little dots and then the software version number flash.

HOORAY!  

However, I still couldn't sync my fitbit to my android phone without disconnecting from wifi on my phone and reconnecting again.  Bummer.  

Best Answer

@BoxerBoi - Sorry!  I didn't see your post until I posted this one!  I wish I had found it sooner.  

Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

e the same issue when I was in New Zealand my cord dont have a button or logo what should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello!

To restart the Alta with a cord that doesn’t have the button, just connect the Alta like you’re going to charge it, then unplug/replug the usb three times in about 2 seconds. You’ll know it’s restarting when it displays the Fitbit icon with the little dots in the shape of a diamond. You might have to experiment with the timing. I had to unplug/plug four times before mine restarted.

I hope this helps!
Best Answer

Thankyou so much, this has worked for me 👍🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me--I just kept sliding the USB connector out of the computer 4-5 times and like magic it rebooted.  

Best Answer

AndyB121 you are a STAR! Thanks

Best Answer
Why don’t we all have a restart button on our Fitbit?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Excellent question, Puma53

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you press it 3 times?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it’s fine now, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My original charging cable broke; it had the button. I purchased another from Amazon, not realizing that not all chargers had the button. So I purchased a second replacement, this time making sure to look closely at the pictures displayed  for the presence of the button.

Best Answer
0 Votes