Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P9 lite and Alta HR won’t connect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought yesterday Huawei P9 lite that won’t connect with my new Alta HR. That’s a shame for the company such as fitbit, which limits us to certain devices. If this doesn’t change shortly, I’m changing fitbit to Garmin, who connects to all known devices. I encourage all of you to do the same if they don’t fix this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That is your choice.  I realise it can be very disappointing when your phone wont connect, but that is the way it is I'm afraid.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

That is your choice.  I realise it can be very disappointing when your phone wont connect, but that is the way it is I'm afraid.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I hope that they will fix this as i have the same issue with p9 lite and p8.....fitbit techbology with limit......

Best Answer

Not a good answer we have 16 members and 8 of them have HUAWEI P9 lite so the only way out is to return the 16 Fitbit units we purchased before Christmas.

We are truly disappointed as they look good?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the Alta HR for Christmas and is very disappointing that i needed to use my girlfriend phone to set up my fitbit. Do you know why? It's a Huawei problem? Its a Fitbit Problem?

Best Answer

It is a problem with the Huawei phones and the fitbit compatability. There is nothing 'wrong' with either but they just dont seem to work together. 

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I bought an Alta HR to my wife with Huawei p9 lite. But also won't connect with each other. What's the solution for this problem ?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What's the solution than?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes! I bought a new phone!
I'm sorry I think the isn't a solution.
Best Answer

Im afraid there IS no solution to this one. The phone unfortunately wont work with Fitbits.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I have an iPad, there can i connect my fitbit Alta hr via the same account. And so the account can synchronize with the phone... There  we can see all the data on the phone .. This is the solution ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes that's a solution.
I also used that. I have an iPad with the same account.
The fitbit syncronizes when i wat at home.
Also if you have a PC/Mac with BT 4.0 will work too.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Sorry to hear that you can't sync your Alta HR with your Huawei P9 lite phone and for the delay in my reply. Generally if your phone doesn't show as compatible that doesn’t mean it won’t work it just means that it hasn’t been tested by our team but for this specific device the team did found bluetooth issues that made it incompatible. According to the help site article it states the following:

Which devices are incompatible with the fitbit app?

Due to Bluetooth issues that prevent certain devices, like Fitbit devices, from syncing, our products aren't compatible with the following phones:

Huawei P8 Lite
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P20 Lite
Xiaomi Mi 6

Still if you wish you can try these suggestions or use a different device.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes