Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interacting with Alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So you've got yourself an Alta and are wondering "where's the button?" Check out how to interact with Alta!

• How do I view the time on my Alta?QuickView.jpeg 

You have 2 options to view the time on your Alta. 

1. You can use Quick View to wake up your Alta's screen without touching the tracker. Just turn your wrist towards you and the time will appear for a few seconds.

2. The other option is to double-tap your Alta where the band and tracker meet. This will illuminate the Alta and display the time and date (depending on the clock face that you've selected as default).

• How do I view my daily stats?

To view your daily stats just use Quick View to bring up your clock and then single tap the Alta where the band and tracker meet (as seen in image below) to toggle between your steps, distance, calories burned and Active Minutes stats.

Alother way to do this is to double tap on the Alta to bring up the clock and then single tap the Alta where the band and tracker meet to toggle between stats.

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 9.07.07 AM.png

• What's the best way to tap on my Alta?

alta_tap.gifWith a bit of practice, you'll find the best way to tap on your Alta. We advise aiming toward the bottom of its display, and not tapping too hard or too softly. You shouldn't have to hit it with any significant pressure, but you should feel the tap lightly on your wrist.

Make sure to give your device time to react - you shouldn't ever be tapping more than once or twice per second, and may need to pause a moment after your tap before you see the device react. If you're having trouble, try slowing down your taps.

Video below:

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
215 REPLIES 215

You are a good person!

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello! Related to the display, is there any way to set it so that it displays continuously or to change the amount of time the display is on the screen? I am a nursing student and I thought that since this was capable of counting seconds that I could use it for my clinicals to take vital signs, but the display goes away too fast to be of use.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@DaniDobek, unfortunately that is not possible at the moment. A number of people have made this request, so I am sure Fitbit will be considering it. I think one issue is the impact this could have on battery life.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@DaniDobek As @Julia_G mentioned above, that is currently not a supported feature, but I do recommend voting for this existing idea in our Feature Request board if you'd like that to be made into an option.

Best Answer
0 Votes
And I can not get the quick view to work on my Altaf at all... 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
My screen would only display when connected to the charger.
A reset did the trick - thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@GYMNSTXNUT Welcome to the community!

QuickView takes a bit of practice at first but I believe in you! Check out some tips that I shared here, which you may find helpful in improving your QuickView response. Let me know if that helps.

@Slevy8301 Thanks for sharing your update, I appreciate that. Glad to hear everything is back to normal. Happy Friday!

Best Answer

I just got the Alta and no matter what I do, I can not get the quick view function to work. Frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@suzlituchy, have you got this sorted yet?  If not, first off, make sure quick view is actually turned on.  You need to do this in your settings, but make sure you then sync your Alta, because changes in the settings won't be communicated to your Alta until you have synced.

Once you are sure it is turned on, just practice different wrist movements until you get the hang of it.  I do find that on my Fitbits QuickView doesn't always work.  You need to do a slightly exaggerated lift and twist movement to trigger it.  

Best Answer

Thanks so much for your response, Julia! I turned the fitbit around on my wrist and now quick view works a good amount of the time. The tapping is still hit or miss for me, even if I tap it where the band meets the display. I don't know why they didn't just put a button on it!

Best Answer

@suzlituchy, glad it is mostly working for you!

Best Answer
Cannot believe these issues are still occurring with literally pages and pages of the same feedback and six months later the same issues with the tapping. The service recommendations are not working. I feel like I have been duped.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@msg7b Welcome to the Community!

If you feel that your Alta isn't responding to the tips and tricks shared here, I recommend getting in touch with our Support Team. I am confident our team will be able to provide you with further options for getting back on track.

Best Answer

I've had my fitbit alta for months and love it.  Unfortunately, I had trouble syncing it.  Once I solved that problem (by restarting it), the only thing that my wristband will display is a battery with an "!" in it.  It is fully charged.  Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mccolin Thank you for trying out the tracker restart troubleshoot. If you're still experiencing the issue where the "!" is displayed on the tracker, I recommend getting in contact with our Support Team. I am confident that our team will be able to further assist you and help get you back on track. Keep me updated.

Best Answer
The problem was resolved by charging my Fitbit. I wonder if restarting
drains your battery. I know mine was fully charged when the problem occur.
Best Answer

@mccolin, restarting will not normally have any effect on your battery.  However, the original issue could easily drain your battey -- a restart will stop any background processes that are causing battery drain.

Best Answer

@mccolin Thanks for confirming that restarting the Alta was able to resolve the issue you experienced. As @Julia_G said, the restart should not drastically affect the battery level of your Alta. 

Best Answer
It's kinda hard to restart your Alta when it totally dies on you. You go to charge it & it never charges.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Saaaypants21 Thanks for trying to restart the Alta. If it's not responsive to charging or the restart process, I recommend getting in touch with our Support Team and letting them know the details of your troubleshooting efforts and experience. I am confident that our team will be able to help provide you with suitable options for getting back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes