Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to replace a Fitbit Alta HR with another Alta HR on my account?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm looking at replacing my Fitbit Alta HR because of its battery problems.  

If I buy another Fitbit Alta HR, is it possible for me to replace my 1st Alta HR with my 2nd one in my account?

I did some research on this forum and several posts say that you cannot have two devices of the same type on your account.  So is there a way to delete my 1st Alta HR, then add the 2nd Alta HR to my account using Fitbit's web browser interface?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Goyim you've already figured it out correctly. First, sync and remove the first Alta HR from your account and set it out of range while you set up the other one. Set up as a new device on an existing account and your data will be there to continue adding to. Just a thought though, the Alta HR was retired quite some time ago and over time the screen gets very dim. No matter which Fitbit you buy, the directions for replacing it would be the same.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Odyssey13,

Can you still add devices to your Fitbit account just using a web browser?

Some posts on this Community have said that it's no longer possible.  Some people have said that you need an app now.

I've asked for more info on this app but I haven't received a response yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Goyim you need to add any device to your smartphone or tablet by the Fitbit app that you can download free. The app for the computer no longer works. Read this article on compatible devices - click to go there

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes