Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth buying the Fitbit Alta HR?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m thinking of purchasing a Fitbit Alta HR and recently heard they are being discontinued. So I’m not sure whether to buy it before this happens or not. I really like the design and look of it but I’m wondering what other people’s experiences are with this Fitbit? It is pretty expensive, so is it really worth it? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @kabir14 , absolutely do not buy an Alta HR!  It was discontinued several years ago so any you could now find will not be from an authorised retailer and you will have no warranty coverage at all.  In addition even if you could find one so called “new and in box” there is a high chance that it will be unusable as even a battery never charged will deteriorate over time.

The Inspire series was created to replace the Alta and is in my opinion a great upgrade on the Alta HR.  It is smaller and more delicate and has more features.  The latest version is the Inspire 3, although you may be able to find Inspire 2’s for sale (but do check that it is an authorised dealer so that you will have warranty coverage).  I would not recommend buying a version older than the Inspire 2 because of the potential battery issue that I mentioned above.

You might also like to consider the Fitbit Luxe, the smallest and most delicate tracker available.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @kabir14 , absolutely do not buy an Alta HR!  It was discontinued several years ago so any you could now find will not be from an authorised retailer and you will have no warranty coverage at all.  In addition even if you could find one so called “new and in box” there is a high chance that it will be unusable as even a battery never charged will deteriorate over time.

The Inspire series was created to replace the Alta and is in my opinion a great upgrade on the Alta HR.  It is smaller and more delicate and has more features.  The latest version is the Inspire 3, although you may be able to find Inspire 2’s for sale (but do check that it is an authorised dealer so that you will have warranty coverage).  I would not recommend buying a version older than the Inspire 2 because of the potential battery issue that I mentioned above.

You might also like to consider the Fitbit Luxe, the smallest and most delicate tracker available.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer