Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Alta HR won't connect to my phone's Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve tried everything deleting app, restarting phone, restarting tracker, and still won’t connect. I even restarted it and time is not right.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi there, @Loriwarriorsull. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Alta HR before reaching out. 

If you haven't done so yet, please try removing the Bluetooth connection between your phone and your Fitbit device:

*On your phone, tap Settings Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device.
*Open the Fitbit app and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. Tap Pair to approve the request.

Sync your Alta HR automatically when you open the Fitbit app or manually by tapping your profile picture > your device tile > Sync Now.

If the issue persists, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I’ve done all that you said thinking Fitbit tracker is done. I’m tired of messing with it.

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the internal bluetooth in the alta HR stops working. I too tried all of the hints and tips but nothing helps. When I tried setting it up as a new device, the software would find my fitbit then the fitbit would display the 4 numbers for me to enter. I enter the numbers but then it never connects. I keep getting "Try Again"
I even tried pairing it with my laptop and also my work computer. On my work computer, bluetooth found it and asked if I wanted to pair it with the computer. I confirmed then it popped up and said it was an invalid device.
I agree with you! I thing the device took a dump. It's right on the edge of going into the trash...like you, I'm tired of spending so much time on it - in my case almost 2 full days of research and trying.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks glad it isn’t just me I’m pretty much done. I have a Garmin too & never have problems. I have friends in Fitbit is the only reason I have kept it plus love the challenges.

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer

This is an Apple rip off. My wife and I both have an Alta HR.

I use mine daily, my wife upgraded and it has sat idle for almost a year (but charged). At the same time, BOTH lost their screens but could still sync with the app. Last Friday, the app wouldn't sync. The 'Fix Now' button provides no option to 'fix'. I tried the Apple directions on here to unfollow etc and now my iphone can't find it.

All very suspect!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife and I both have an Alta HR.

I use mine daily, my wife upgraded hers but the ALTA HR has sat idle for almost a year (but charged). At the same time, BOTH lost their screens but could still sync with the app on my phone. Last Friday, the app wouldn't sync. The 'Fix Now' button provides no option to 'fix'. I tried the Apple directions on here to unfollow bluetooth and reconnect etc and now my iphone can't find it to reconnect.

All very suspect! Any advice would be welcomed!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine basically the same as I’ve had 3 years on 11/21 it wouldn’t connect to Bluetooth. It would charge the time was off and would lose charge within a day. I gave up and ordered a charge 5.

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem and what seemed to finally work was resetting the Alta HR several times in a row.  I did the 3 taps on the button (you will feel a vibration on each tap) on the charging cable within 8 seconds leaving about 5 - 10 seconds in between each attempt at restarting.  I repeated this until I saw "ALTA HR" appear on my phone's Bluetooth pairing device screen. Don't give up if it doesn't happen right away; it took several times.  

Best Answer
I did exactly as you stated and still didn’t work. I ended up getting charge 5 very happy so far!!

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did lots of things before the restarting of the Alta HR, so maybe it was
a combination of things, but it definitely was the restarting several times
that ultimately made the device appear for Blue Toothing it to my phone. I
did uninstall the Fitbit app and then reinstall it, and restarted my phone,
but nothing worked until I restarted my watch (through the charging cable)
several times in a row. ??
Best Answer
0 Votes
So your solution is to buy another? Why would anyone do that when the current one just fizzed after a couple of years?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I don’t even have a screen

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did not suggest buying another; I just suggested how I fixed mine. I
probably would buy another Fitbit after this one dies, but it hasn't died,
and I have been satisfied with its performance in general.
Best Answer
0 Votes