Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Alta keeps shutting down.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last three days Alta not charging beyond 80%, even overnight. When I put it on it shuts down right away. I’ve had ‘tis Fitbit for about a year & have had ongoing problems of this type. Not sure if I’ll want to buy another one eventually as am not too happy with this product. Please help!

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

Have the same frustration, and think that it is shameful of fitbit not to do anything about it!

Wouldn’t trash it though: there might be an update in the coming weeks or months if they all of sudden count the amount of lost customers, because who can afford that in those times ?

Best Answer

At least your was still under warranty. Many of us with the same problems, have devices that are 2 to 4 years old. I can't get an answer from them.

Best Answer

The Alta model is still out in the market, on Amazon. Yet the support for its tech and community is disappearing. It's sad, and quite interesting to see how so many users are simultaneously having issues with the Alta's charge. I get the feeling they have phased it out, despite it still being available for purchase on third party platforms. 

Best Answer

I actually think it's disgusting that mine is not even two years old. I have now given up on it. Not sure I will invest in another fitbit when there are cheaper versions out there 🤔 

Best Answer

My Alta is 18 months old & pretty much useless.They're still selling it but offer no help/servuce. It doesn't charge beyond 80% & is always unable to sync or locate on phone. I'm so disgusted w this product & the non existent customer svc, a total ripoff. Does anyone recommend a different & better brand?

Best Answer

Please post if you find a better version, I don't want to purchase another Fitbit, thanks!

Best Answer

@Schanni2020 

Sorry to disappoint you but if you take a quick look at the topics in forums you'll realize that people have been having this exact same issues for years 

and all fitbit would do to fix it is :

1- if your device still in warranty, they'd offer a replacement ''which will be having same issues of course. lol''

2- if your device is not in warranty anymore , they'll just keep asking you to reset your device which doesn't fix it anyways.

3- they'd offer you like a 20% or 30% discount coupons to buy another of their stuff , which i'd never ever even think about of course.

crappy device , horrible customer service   

Best Answer

Same here....started shutting down in August after 2 days of charge.  At 80% when I plug it in.  Have reset it many times & still does same thing.  Out of warranty so no luck, I guess, but it should have lasted much longer.  Come on Fitbit, update your software!

Best Answer

I was beginning to think I just had bad luck, but I see I'm not the only person having this issue. My Alta is 2 1/2 to 3 years old.  😢

Best Answer

There's Garmin that has a huge range - trackers and watches, and they provide more advanced sports analytics. I am switching soon. 

Best Answer

Thanks 😉.

update here: left the following message on their twitter online support:

Hi, I have an Alta that is not under warranty anymore, but that started to be problematic within its first year of purchase, not keeping its charge, shutting down after reaching 80%, needing to be charged again fully to restart etc... I am now at the point when it doesn’t even stay one day on, it can stop randomly after 20 min wearing it or a few hours max. Charge never goes below 80% when it stops. I tried the three push on the connector trick. Doesn’t fix. Joined a chat on this on the forum, found out many users have the same issue and the same pretty deep frustration. So my question is: what is this due to and what does fitbit intends to do about it? Because « nothing, your watch isn’t under warranty anymore » won’t do the trick: no one buys a watch for one year and at the price fitbit sells its product, it is not meant to be short life products. Thanks in advance for your reply.
if they don’t reply I guess the only issue is to tweet publically about it to alert other buyers that fitbit Alta is a scam? Wonder if this extends to their entire brand or is it only the Alta?

Best Answer

Forgot to say, for those interested to keep on demanding support: I went through the fitbit app and ended up on twitter at @Fitbit Support. 😉

Best Answer
I totally agree. I had the first fitbit they brought out never had a problem with it. Only up graded as you had to go into the app to see all the details on that one.
I have watches that have lasted years.

Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer

mines too

Best Answer

I'm glad it's not just me.

Alta HR is 2.5 years old. Shut down randomly 2 weeks ago in the middle of a long run even though fully charged. I did the reset as suggested and now it doesn't work at all. Doesn't look like there is any point in contacting them then.

Incidentally I am on my 4th strap but as all have split within warranty they had to replace them without charge.......

Best Answer

Same here - mine started playing up about 4 weeks ago. Kept switching off when still charged. Now won't do anything no matter what (showing fully charged but won't act and unplug from charger and is totally blank)  and warranty ran out 6th August. These are not cheap and cheerfull - what are we supposed to do?? Totally fed up

Best Answer
Try asking fitbit for help? I did
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yours was still under warranty - mine isn't unfortunately as are most others 😥

Best Answer

My alta is doing the same as some of the others. It is 2 yrs old. Have kept track the last few days as my "chat" with Fitbit help was nigh on useless,  nothing new suggested, no reason given. My Alta never gets below 75% before dying. A full battery lasts about 3 days, but the dying with no warning is so annoying. 

ie 8am - 75% battery having 3771 steps- 37 minutes exercise.

10am went to check the time.......blank. Not able to sync to iPhone so is not just a "display problem" as Fitbit help suggested it could be. Plugged in to laptop to charge and straight away battery is 75%. Really really annoying because while I would be happy to buy a different model to get around the problem, with this sort of reliability, what on earth do you choose? A different brand perhaps. Fitbit's silence is deafening. 

Best Answer
I spoke to them they offer me 35%discount  on a new one.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer