Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Alta turns itself off.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta turns itself off and won’t turn back on till placed on charger. I just took it off charge this morning and it has a medium battery life any suggestions? It was working fine till the beginning of April and now it keeps turning off. i am not sure if the update has anything to do with this? it is very frustrating.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @TxT80 thanks for your participation in the Forums, it's great to have you on board! It's nice to see you around @Celticsfan !

@TxT80 thank you for sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this. Thank you for letting me know that you're having difficulty restarting your tracker. I would like to confirm if these are the steps you followed to restart your device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

@Celticsfan thank you for the helpful advice to contact Customer Support

Please keep me posted.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
146 REPLIES 146

@Celticsfan Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Alta turns off by itself all of a sudden.

I'd like you to restart your Alta as described in this help article. This will refresh your tracker internally. Once you've done this, check out this help page, which contains some tips that help your tracker to improve its battery life.

Keep me posted on the outcome! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have tried turning it off. this did not work.

Best Answer

@Celticsfan Thank you for getting back! Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, my alta is only about 6 months old, and fully charged it will shut itself off several times a day! I have tried the restart and it is not working to keep it going

Best Answer
After talking with Fitbit they are replacing mine.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
me too 🙂
Best Answer

glad to hear . just sad that it happened

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Celticsfan, it's great to see you around! @soahimsa thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your efforts to resolve this and thank you for letting me know that you've contacted the Customer Support and you're getting your devices replaced. Thank you for your time and feedback. 

If you have the time, be sure to post in our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other Forum members.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exact same problem - just reset device with button on charging cord and hope that is will be corrected.  This is extremely frustrating.

Best Answer

Hello @wednitebob  thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. 

I am sorry to hear how you feel about the issue you're experiencing with your Fitbit Alta. Rest assured that I will do my best to help you. I appreciate your efforts trying to restart your tracker. 

Please keep me posted on the outcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also started shutting itself off at the beginning of April. I've been having to charge it every 2 days for it to work although the battery life shows more than half available. I just tried the restart & it won't restart. Now it's showing the battery as charging although it's not on the charger. Help!!

Best Answer
Contact customer support. And they will determine if you are under the warranty period, if so they will replace yours

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TxT80 thanks for your participation in the Forums, it's great to have you on board! It's nice to see you around @Celticsfan !

@TxT80 thank you for sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this. Thank you for letting me know that you're having difficulty restarting your tracker. I would like to confirm if these are the steps you followed to restart your device: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

@Celticsfan thank you for the helpful advice to contact Customer Support

Please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes those are the steps I took to restart it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @TxT80 thank you for your reply!

I appreciate your time and efforts. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Alta has gone completely bonkers - shut itself off three consecutive days now. I have lost thousands of steps in the midst of our 100 Day Dash, which is not a good thing. I need a replacement device ASAP, please.
Best Answer

I have an Alta as well and it just turned 3 years old. I just started having the same problem, in which my battery is almost fully charged and I have to literally plug it into the charger and hit the restart button each time the screen goes dark. Is there another solution to this besides continuing to "restart" it every couple of hours?

Best Answer

Hello @wednitebob  and @cherylqw thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community!

@wednitebob thank you for the detailed information of what you're experiencing. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, please continue the assistance with them. 

@cherylqw thanks for the detailed explanation about your device's behavior. Since you've tried already to restart your device, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm experiencing this same problem, it stared about a month ago. My Alta just started shutting itself off around 50% battery life and won't turn back on until I plug it into the charger.  I've tried resetting it and it's still happening. 

Best Answer