Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Alta turns itself off.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta turns itself off and won’t turn back on till placed on charger. I just took it off charge this morning and it has a medium battery life any suggestions? It was working fine till the beginning of April and now it keeps turning off. i am not sure if the update has anything to do with this? it is very frustrating.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
146 REPLIES 146
It's not the battery it's the alta. Contact customer service. If it's under the warranty period they will replace it .if not your out of luck.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Mines just start to do that and yes it is very frustrating

Best Answer
Thank you for your response. My Alta is almost 4 years old, so out of
warranty. Now, my Alta seems to be working fine again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is annoying that such an issue exists with such a huge company. How come so many of us have the same issue without any resolution? I was going to upgrade my FitBit soon and get one for my husband too, but if this issue does not get resolved then bye-bye FitBit. 

My device is about 3 years old. It was fine till 3 months back when this issue started. I thought it was only me having this problem but when I see tons of other people in the community with the same issue, it just seems like we have all been handed faulty device with faulty software.

Best Answer

My Fitbit is still turning itself off after doing the reset. It shows 100% charged but within 15 minutes it shut down again. I’m not sure how long I’ve had it, you’d have to see when I set it up, but this is very frustrating. Do you have any other solution?

Best Answer

Mine started doing this as well. Fitbit support could offer no explanation as to why, and will not replace the device because it has been activated for over a year. One year is clearly all they expect their products to last, which is pretty sad. They offered me a discount on a new one. So basically, "sorry our product malfunctioned, we don't know why, just go buy a new one!". No thanks!

Best Answer
Customer support won't even get back to me!
Best Answer
I used live chat, but like I said, they didn’t offer much of a solution.
Best Answer
That's what I tried, but no one ever came on!
Best Answer

Yes this seems to be the case. They only last a year or 2. It's not the battery.

I have purchased a new one but only as was half price on eBay. 

Will see how long it lasts but won't be getting another if dies after a year!!

Best Answer

im having the same problem it works when plugged in i have restarted it multiple times by the button on the end of the charger and when i take it off the charger it turns off and is unresponsive until i put it back on the charger. 

Best Answer
Contact customer service and they will help you. If under a year they will possibly replace it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues and just received my Alta in early July.

I have tried all trouble shooting and it will just randomly shut off during the day and then it won't wake back up until I can get it on the charger.

It's incredibly irritating when working out or going on walks when you want the proper step count.

Best Answer

My alta is doing the same. It's about 3 years old, so I know its not still under warranty. I have tried restarting it & it has not helped. Is there anything else I can do?

Best Answer
Sorry I think you are out of luck

Best Answer
Hey there faithbeller,

I’ve run out of complaint stamina which is what they count on
Spend as much time as you’re willing to make public and loud complaints and threats of going to the opposition
In short, FitBit have dropped the product and don’t care that most of them were faulty. Out of 1 yr warrantee, so too bad.
All you can do is vote with your feet

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Alta also has this problem. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue, my Fitbit was working everyday, until about June/July 2020 and it is incredibly frustrating.  My Fitbit always has a charge, but dies at some point during the day.  I charge it in the morning and at night, so that there is ample battery life, but sure enough, it still dies.  I now have to remember to bring my charger with me, everywhere I go, so that I can "plug-it-in" whenever I need to.  It seems to stop randomly, even if I am not doing a lot of moving at the time, and when I reach 10,000 steps and buzzes, it shuts off.  What can I do to make this better?  If I can't figure out a solution, I am contemplating transitioning to another product, because there have been issues with Fitbit over the years, with my family's devices and mine, and I've been faithful to Fitbit, but maybe this is the time to make a transition.  

Best Answer

My Alta has started to do this shutdown also. Its happened for about a 4 days now. I have to re start it with the charge lead every evening.  

Best Answer
Contact support. They will tell you if your still in the warranty period and help you replace it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes