Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Alta turns itself off.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta turns itself off and won’t turn back on till placed on charger. I just took it off charge this morning and it has a medium battery life any suggestions? It was working fine till the beginning of April and now it keeps turning off. i am not sure if the update has anything to do with this? it is very frustrating.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
146 REPLIES 146
I ended up replacing it with a Charge 4 although that went against my good customer service and better business values !

Monica J Chaddock RPh
BEd, BMus
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and the restart solution is not helping. What is wrong? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. My fitbit started behaving this way after 3years of usage.

Let me know how i can get this resolved. I dont wanna throw it away .. not yet.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I through it away

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Warranty period is over and support team mentioned over email that there are no service centers to fix a fitbit anywhere in the world.

It does appear that there is no other option, than throwing it away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiliyaFitbit Hi, I also had this kind of problem similar to cherylqw. Please help. Thanks

Best Answer

Sadly I've only just thought about googling this, after weeks of frustration I have already ordered a new device. Been with Fitbit for years, and am loyal to them. Previous customer service has always been exemplary, it's the rain I started loyal. Slightly concerned now, after reading all these reviews.  I assumed my Fitbit was old and had died, not that it seems it's a software malfunction ☹️

Best Answer
I end up buying another Fitbit but this time is the last going apple next over Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You’ve sadly given in. Best option is to tell them the other brand you bought because their product and support is pathetic and that you’ll be making sure all your friends and family will be educated if that fact too.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Like so many others, my Fitbit Alta (2.5 years old) craps out with about 35-40% battery left. I can reset it it with the charger, but the the time between doing resets is shrinking. If this is a battery issue, the idea that Fitbit designed a device without a simple way to replace the battery is just the height of irresponsibility. Are we all just supposed to add these devices to the landfills? Any cheap watch has a replaceable battery. Lazily pointing us to web pages with tips and FAQs is not helpful. It's the support equivalent of shrugging your shoulders. And you expect us to plop down another $100+ on another Fitibt? Sounds like planned obsolescence to me. Shame on you.

Best Answer

This is my third Fitbit HR.  The last time this happened I swore I wouldn't buy another one, but the smart watches are just too big.  I just bought a nice new band for it and now they don't even make it anymore.  It doesn't even make sense that this keeps happening.  Time for a different brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I end buying for Fitbit Versa I’ve had for 1.5yrs

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  I keep rebooting.   It turns off in a few hours even though it has a charge.  

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue. My battery is showing at 100% but it continuously turns itself off and won’t turn back on without being put on the charger. I have tried restarting it several times following the steps on “how to restart my device” and it’s not helping.

Best Answer

Same here.  I've restarted my Alta many many times, and thought it was working again, only to find out a couple hours later that it wasn't even on, let alone tracking/syncing.  I don't have many notifications on, and I charge it every day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The exact same thing happens to me. It would be great to get some answers on if there is a way to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I end up throwing it out and bought a Versa

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you keep the Alta HR from randomly turning off?  I have to put it on the charger to restart it when it stops during exercise.  Is it a setting?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Throw it away and buy a new Inspire 2.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Total junk. Buy anything else. 
Best Answer
0 Votes