Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Alta won't reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have tried both in my phone & my computer. I press the button 3 times within eight seconds while briefly pausing like the directions say to but the screen does not show the Fitbit logo & it's still charging. How can I reset my Fitbit if this is not working?
Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

My fitbit just stopped displaying anything on the screen.  I had gotten a message that the battery was low, and I usually have some time to recharge it, but this time I actually took it off and tried to re-charge it.  I noticed when I removed it that there was no display on the screen.  I plugged it and did not get the battery icon.  I tried another plug I had.  Still no display.  I tried plugging it into another source and no icon.  It had been working shortly before that because I had checked my steps and was calculating how I was going to get the remainder of my desired steps in for the day.  Left it plugged in and the fitbit became warm to the touch, but still no icon.  I checked online and found this and other forums.  Tried pushing the button on both cables (using both the "slow" and "fast" methods with a variation of intervals between pushes) - no icon.  I tried cleaning the connectors with a brush (no metal) - no icon (but I really didn't think it was this issue because the unit got warm when I plugged it in, so it was getting electricity).  Called fitbit this morning @ (877) 623-4997 (they are available M-F 4am-8pm // Sa, Sun 6 am - 5 pm (PT).  Jennifer walked me through all the steps again, including cleaning the connectors on the back of the fitbit with alcohol and using a toothpick to clean them - still no icon.  She sent me an e-mail with a postage-paid label to send the fitbit back to them so they could investigate further.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @hrwendy, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your Alta quit working and thanks a lot for what you tried prior to contactin the Support Team!

I'm also happy to hear that Jennifer was able to help you out and I really hope to have you back on track soon! 😄

If you need anything else, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

This finally worked for me! Press the button 3 times quickly and the unit reset and I got the logo. Now let's see if I can sync. I tried all other troubleshooting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad it worked!
Sent from my LG Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

This fitbit it straight out of the box yesterday and there is no response at all when it is plugged in.  It has been plugged in overnight to my laptop which is also plugged into the wall outlet.  There is no vibration, no light, to battery icon.  We have unplugged it and plugged it back in many times, we have tried resetting it many times.  We have read the manual and all posts that we can find and tried all of those ideas.  Still nothing.  PLEASE HELP!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta is alright as long as it’s on the charger. You take it off it doesn’t respond to the taps. I’ve tried resetting several times and still nothing. It was a gift so now what do I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After watching two videos and trying the suggested methods, I tried one suggested by another Fitbit community member.  I pressed the button 3 times rapidly and that did the trick.  I did clean the contacts on the back of the Alta with an eraser to be sure.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was the same I tried to reset with the button on charger but didn't sort it I contacted support and they posted me out another one within 24 hours. 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, were you able to fix this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

No we were not able to fix the problem. We exchanged the fitbit with no problem.

Candice

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fitbit and they did a few checks and then ended up replacing it for me. Was easy process. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just in case, the button on the Alta is hidden in plain sight on the usb part of the charger, it it a round circle that just looks like part of the design. If it isn’t there, you don’t have an official cable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums @Adriana1234! Thanks for letting us know that have the same issue with the Alta. Have your tried clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger, then clicking the button on the charging cable 3 times within three or four seconds? 

Hello @CandiceD2 and @Steporox! Thanks for coming back and sharing your experience. I'm happy to hear that you both received replacements, I hope you are enjoying them.

Hi @Shauny666! Thanks a lot for the tip about the non official charging cable, I'm sure other users will find it really useful. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you! Robot Happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I may need a new Fitbit.  My Fitbit was fine for a little more than 2 years, but today it won't work even after I reset it and it is fully charged.  Sometimes it works normally for about a minute, but then the screen goes back to black and won't work.  I think I've reset it 10 times tonight.  It seems to reset properly, but then it only works when plugged in.  Is there anything else I can try?

Best Answer
0 Votes
We ended up returning it and they gave us a new one with no problem.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  This fix worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found that if you unplug and plug back In your charger 3 times within 4 seconds it also resets.

Best Answer

Tried this a dozen times and did not reset

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, repeated these steps several times with NO luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me! thank you ScarlettDiva78!

Best Answer
0 Votes