Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Alta, New Dongle, Zero Sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My original FitBit was an Alta. It was all set up and I used it for a while. Then I disconnected it when I upgraded to a Zip. THEN, I got lazy and fat.

I found my old Alta, charged it up, realized I couldn't find the dongle to sync it on my laptop.  Ordered a 'new' refurbished dongle, got it today.  Plugged it into my laptop. No way to add new device. Maybe I'm an idiot. Do I need to plug the charger into my laptop? If I want to use the desktop site, do I have to download anything? Especially if I have the Sync Dongle (there MUST be a better term)??

I'm confused and don't remember having this much difficulty setting it up the first time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

If you have a Windows 10 laptop with bluetooth, you don't need the dongle anymore.  Donwnload the Fitbit app from the Microsoft Store.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have a Windows 10 laptop, I have a Chromebook and no clear way to add my old Alta to my existing Fitbit account. So... I'm kinda stuck and becoming increasingly frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is getting ridiculous.

I can't find a way on the desktop site to pair my old Alta so it's able to sync. I bought a refurbished syncing dongle, have the original charger, Alta's all charged.  It keeps displaying "fitbit.com/setup" when I pick it up, but going to Set Up redirects me to mobile set up, which I don't want.

How do I pair my Alta through the desktop site on a Chromebook with the syncing dongle? 

Moderator edit: removed all caps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @TechStupidish a Fitbit can not be setup through the desktop. 

A web browser is unable to connect to a Bluetooth connected device. 

Seeing that you don't have Win 10, you will need to download and install Fitbit Connect and use a dongle. This is the way you original Alta was setup. 

Go to https://www.fitbit.com/setup on the computer and it will direct you to the connect software. 

I've also combined your threads since they are related. If I hadn't looked I would have repeated what @JohnnyRow had already posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes