Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only simplified sleeping patterns since days, nothing works

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I receive only simplified patterns since 5 days, and the last 2 don't even have the right starttime (!) . I have reset it, I have unpaired and paired it again. I am wearing this product since 2017 (this is my 2nd tracker) and I have not changed anything - it is on my wrist as usual, the same tightness as usual, no life changes where I d sleep more vividly.... It keeps saying it can't get a cinsitent heart rate reading although my heart rate is properly recorded during the night. Is there a software problem that needs to fixed? If this issue will not be solved I will not be able to buy anther fitbit, as the sleep stages are very important to me,even though I was very happy with the product until then. Reseting does not help. Unpairing and pairing also not. Please tell me what I can do. Thanks. 

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34
I got the Fitbit inspire HR & love it! Walmart had them for $79. It does much more than the Alta

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
My fitbit was Ok for about a week then went back to the simplified
patterns again for the last two weeks now. I'm just about giving up on
it also.
Garnet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

all of that has already been done, per the comments if you actually read them. ....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here on my Alta HR. It doesn't start tracking for 2 to 3 hours after I've gone to sleep!!!  Consequently I keep getting the message that I "need to sleep more.  Sleep is important".   Yes, I know that and I do get enough; Fitbit just doesn't show it.  This is ridiculous. It's been doing on for months now....  FIX IT!   Right now I really can't recommend this product and am looking to replace it with something else.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you manually change the time it captures all your sleep....usually!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please bring back the old sleep function display! I really like knowing about the percentages in REM and Deep Sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issues for several weeks now. It's extremely frustrating. My device is about a year old. My sleep patterns are very important to me as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have it now for more than 4 weeks and strangely 2 days ago it worked. But not since anymore. I think that the sensor for the heart rate is not working properly and by luck it worked well 2 nights ago. Anyway I have given up and I am looking for sth else. Not sure it will be a fitbit again. According to many comments it seems fitbit is going down kind of...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a second hand Fitbit Alta HR on eBay last week, purely for the sleep data that I had heard was supposed to be good and fairly accurate.  I am only getting simplified data, it's telling me that I had 0 awake minutes and 0 restless minutes but the graph shows otherwise.  Looks like I sleep for 8-9 hours which is a long way from true.

The other day it even said I was asleep when I was sat in my living room writing.

So, to see this post and for it to look like the functionality doesn't work at all is extremely disappointing.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
The Inspire I bought is working so much better & has a lot more info too

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I might have to try the Inspire 'cause the Alta sleep tracker is useless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So do I...

Best Answer
0 Votes
At least I now know it’s not just me.

Super frustrating though.
Worst thing is that it has been an issue for a long time and it hasn’t been fixed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same problem, plus my Alta now randomly just shuts down and needs to be reset - usually several times before it starts working again. Very disheartened by the fact that FB is not offering a solution - all of us have not just randomly started wearing our fitbits incorrectly so sleep data can be captured. Another vote for time to look for another device - and not a fitbit one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Alta HR to monitor sleep.  It has been working fine for 17 months.  Now for the past 5 nights, it only gives me "simplified sleep".  I've also tried all of the suggestions in this post, as well as those from a 2019 post, and nothing works.  I don't believe it is due to a recent upgrade, as when one of the suggestions was to update the firmware, I found that mine was on an old release and upgraded it.  Now it's up to date, and the problem persists.   

Best Answer
0 Votes