Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Alta right out of the box!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Was so excited to receive my Alta.  I have had a Charge and a Charge HR but saw this one and liked the fact that I could change bands and that it was smaller than the others.  Right out of the box (yesterday), I experienced problems.  Upon charging, there was a software update.  As soon as that was completed, I took it off of the charger and the screen went blank.  I put it back on the charger, and everything seemed fine.  Back and forth, back and forth...until I came across the posts in the Fitbit community.  Seriously?  Seems like more people than just one is having the same problem.  I'm sending it back TODAY!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @LB823  the Alta was retired a few years ago and replaced by the Inspire series. Did you check with support about the issue? They can "see" more on their end since you've had it on the charger.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Odyssey13,

I was going to buy an Inspire but when I got an email from Amazon with the great deal on the Alta I thought, "This is great!  I was thinking of getting a new fitbit"  I still have my original fitbits but just wanted to try something different.  I see that others in the community have been having similar issues.  I would just rather the Alta back and get the Inspire.  Thanks for the response, though. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like a plan @LB823  come on back when you get the Inspire.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer