Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving call and text notifications from iPhone XR to Fitbit Alta

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,  Is it possible to get the call alerts and messages from iPhone XR to Alta?

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Pranish, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I would like to help you out with this question.

You can definitely receive call, text and calendar notifications on your Fitbit Alta from your iPhone XR without a problem because it is a compatible device for syncing with Fitbit.

No, normally this should be all be ready when you're setting up your tracker. Once you complete the process, you should start receiving notifications once you make sure that your Bluetooth is turned on and working. Are you having problems receiving notifications? If so, let me know. Tell me what is going on exactly and I'll be happy to help you out with this.

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @Pranish, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I would like to help you out with this question.

You can definitely receive call, text and calendar notifications on your Fitbit Alta from your iPhone XR without a problem because it is a compatible device for syncing with Fitbit.

No, normally this should be all be ready when you're setting up your tracker. Once you complete the process, you should start receiving notifications once you make sure that your Bluetooth is turned on and working. Are you having problems receiving notifications? If so, let me know. Tell me what is going on exactly and I'll be happy to help you out with this.

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I’ve had a iPhone XR today I have sync to phone but messages or calls aren’t coming through my Fitbit. How can I do this ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the iPhone XR also and do not receive call or text notifications on my Alta.  It syncs with the phone but won't send the alerts.  I've tried the troubleshooting and I cannot find an answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I just kept syncing mine and then it worked. I did it quite a few times.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, may I have your attention please?!

I FOUND A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM. 

I lies buried deep in the iPhone settings, somewhere you wouldn't think to check, because lets be honest, there are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many settings, and variable, and possible places for things to go wrong.    It's not where you'd thing it would be.  On the iPhone, go to Notifications-->Messages--> and make sure "Show Previews" is set to always.  Here is the copy and paste from my chat with Leonil @Fitbit

Can you please go to iOS Settings > Notifications > Messages. Make sure that Allow Notifications, Lock Screen, Notification Center, and Banners are turned on and set Show Previews setting to Always or When Unlocked.

I repeat:     Notifications>Messages> then set Show Previews to always. 

My specific problem was with the Charge 2 (yes I know, there are better, newer fitbits available) and the iPhone XR.  I could not receive text notifications on my charge 2 with my iPhone XR.

I tried EVERYTHING before trying the fitbit chat.  Clearly this was something that I needed my hand held to accomplish.  I restarted the fitbit, restarted the phone, had the bluetooth forget the device, removed the charge 2 from my fitbit app, reinstall as a new charge 2, restart this, restart that, even did the hokey pokey.  

Next time I'll skip that nonsense and go straight to the chat,

Cheers!  I hope this information helps! 

Best Answer

Thank you Coneen, excellent observation.  Though I had fixed mine after few resets, this is an areas we should watch out for.  As you said it can fix most of the notification to Phone related issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes