Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracking not working - Alta HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Alta HR which has been the only accurate sleep tracker I've tried over the last 2 years, besides the regular Alta I had first. I use the tracker basically ONLY for sleep, I don't care about any other function. For the last 2 weeks, it's had nothing but problems tracking my sleep. It syncs without issue, but there's no sleep data even though there's heart rate data - and yes, it's much more than 2 hours of sleep. I know I fell asleep last night at about 11:30pm and woke up several times between 7:30 and 9:30am, but it should absolutely have the data from 11:30 - at least 7:30. There's nothing. It's on properly, not too tight or loose. There's nothing in the way, the battery was at 72% when I went to sleep (54% when I woke up), and it's very clearly getting heart rate data all night. This is utterly ridiculous. If the other trackers I used before weren't far worse, I'd just use them.

Alta HR firmware 26.26.63.2

Android app version 3.51.1

Motorola Moto G Power with Android 11

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Totally wrong data after sleeping.  Just red blocks of sleep periods.  And the heart rate is so inaccurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sachimi @Tonyr298 Welcome to the forums. I will gladly help you guys regarding the sleep tracking with your Alta HR. 

In this case I recommend that you restart your Alta HR according to the instructions on this article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?. Make sure that no steps were recorded during the night. Step tracking will interrupt the sleep log. 

Hope this helps. Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly, this is a completely useless suggestion. What do you think most people do when an electronic device doesn't work properly? The very first step is always to restart it. I also tried turning bluetooth on and off on my phone, forgetting and adding it again to bluetooth, syncing to my computer instead, charging to full (apparently its max is also 85% now, even more BS) before trying to sync again, etc.

Best Answer

Nope. Didn’t help. I’m having the exact same problem. The last sleep score recorded is from 11/11. After that I get garbage. It is recording my heart rate and steps fairly accurately, but not sleep. 

Best Answer
0 Votes