Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync options not visible in the app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. 

Fitbit app is trying to sync with the device all the time causing high usage of the battery. 

I wanted to change the setting to not to auto-sync but synchronisation options are not visible in the app any more. 

I  going to Profile - devices - Alta hr

Can You please help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The "all day sync" setting is no longer there. Fitbit say:

"To improve your experience with notifications, syncing, and firmware updates, we removed the option to turn off all-day sync from the Fitbit app. When your phone is near your Fitbit device with Bluetooth turned on, it periodically syncs with the Fitbit app to update your stats and download available firmware updates"

taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1877.htm

However, it also says: "More frequent syncing rarely, if ever, noticeably decreases your device’s battery life."

This is clearly not the case with you unless the battery usage is not related to the syncing. I know this is not an ideal solution but what I do is to turn off bluetooth on my phone unless I want it to sync. Is this an option for you?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

The "all day sync" setting is no longer there. Fitbit say:

"To improve your experience with notifications, syncing, and firmware updates, we removed the option to turn off all-day sync from the Fitbit app. When your phone is near your Fitbit device with Bluetooth turned on, it periodically syncs with the Fitbit app to update your stats and download available firmware updates"

taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1877.htm

However, it also says: "More frequent syncing rarely, if ever, noticeably decreases your device’s battery life."

This is clearly not the case with you unless the battery usage is not related to the syncing. I know this is not an ideal solution but what I do is to turn off bluetooth on my phone unless I want it to sync. Is this an option for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes