Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Moto G5 Woraround

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So i have my Alta two weeks. It syncs when it feels like it. sometimes after 1 day and it was 3 days at one stage. Really think this Fitbit is a piece of. I spent hours going through all help topics, uninstalling, reinstalling, resetting, turning off WiFi, turning on WiFi, connecting to computer etc nothing has improved, so disappointed

Moderator edit: subject for clarity and word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have solved my problem. Not with the suggestion above but after trying everything under the sun and nothing working I decided to unpair it with my blue tooth and re-pair it, I hadn't done that until now .As soon as I took Fitbit off my Bluetooth the app started syncing. It dosent make sense but my Fitbit is not paired with my phone Bluetooth but it's syncing  every time I open the app. Working perfectly. 

I have Moto G5 phone .

I could take a photo of my paired devices and you can see Alta is not there but I can't upload it here. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Welcome to the Forums @Twigsahearn! Thanks for sharing your experience with the Android app and your Alta. I wanted to assure you that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience.

Make sure the Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background on your phone. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app sending a notification to my Android phone? To enable All Day sync, go to account. Then, tap the picture of your tracker and scroll down and disable this option.

Also, double check if your mobile device is in the compatible device's list. Sometimes non compatible Android devices may meet all the requirements by the system allowing them to sync intermittently even when they are not listed.

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I have solved my problem. Not with the suggestion above but after trying everything under the sun and nothing working I decided to unpair it with my blue tooth and re-pair it, I hadn't done that until now .As soon as I took Fitbit off my Bluetooth the app started syncing. It dosent make sense but my Fitbit is not paired with my phone Bluetooth but it's syncing  every time I open the app. Working perfectly. 

I have Moto G5 phone .

I could take a photo of my paired devices and you can see Alta is not there but I can't upload it here. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Twigsahearn! That sounds odd. Smiley Surprised However,  is good to hear that you are back on track. 

Regarding the difficulty to upload pictures, you can take a look to this post How To: Add An Image To Your Post

Catch you later! 🙂 

Best Answer

As you can see by the screenshot the Alta is no one paired   it was there originally until I removed it. Whatever it is it's working perfectly. Maybe it was causing some confliction with something.As you can see by the screenshot the Alta is no one paired it was there originally until I removed it. Whatever it is it's working perfectly. Maybe it was causing some confliction with something.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I was having trouble with the same phone. As of now, it is syncing.

Best Answer

Ah that's great. It must be the phone causing conflict so   just check from time to time because it connects back up with Bluetooth .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Mrsheitz! Good to hear that you are syncing now with your Moto G5. Awesome help @Twigsahearn! I really appreciate that you are sharing this screenshot and I'm glad to hear that is helping others as a workaround for syncing issues with the Moto G5 while our team is working to add it to the supported devices list.

Also, I have gone ahead and marked your post as an Accepted Solution. Marking posts as solutions is a great way of thanking another community member while also highlighting their solution so that it may be discovered more easily by other member facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions here.

I hope to see you around more often! 😉

Best Answer

This is what I did on my moto g5 plus. In playstore turn off auto update. Then fine fitbit app 2.49 or 2.50 then I uninstalled fitbit and installed app 2.50 and I have not had any problem syncing I just update my app on my own and skip the fitbit app. Hope this help. I contacted support a lot of times and they said my alta was bad and they sent me a new one and it done the same thing  I told them it is not the phone or alta it is the app. Because my phone and alta sync fine until app over 2.50. 

Best Answer
That's interesting. I will have a look at doing that but am not very
technical.

Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you here @Jimmypierce! I wanted to thank you for sharing what worked in your case, as I mentioned this can be beneficial for other Moto G5 users. And, please @Twigsahearn let us know if this tip works for you. 

Catch you later! 🙂 

P.S. Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look! 😉 

Best Answer

You're absolutely right, I unpaired my fitbit and Moto G5s and it's syncing now .Unpaired! Wow. 

Best Answer

This is totally bizarre but works! I knew mine tends to sync successfully when I leave the house but couldn't make it sync by switching off WiFi etc. And I'm not sure why you need data connection to sync (surely data is held on phone?). But impairing works! Fingers crossed it will last!

Best Answer

I know.  It's very strange but hey! It works .

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @Rhondavu@LemonLady, and @Twigsahearn! I appreciate that you continue reporting this, I have passed this along. Please keep me posted if you need help or if you have any update. 

Catch you later! 🙂 

Best Answer

Same issue and same solution here with my Moto G5 and Fitbit Alta HR. Thanks for sharing, @Twigsahearn.

I'm writing this reply just to add further elements for the customer service of Fitbit, @LucyAP. "Forgetting/unpairing" the fitbit in the bluetooth configuration solves the issue. But the fitbit comes back in the list of bluetooth paired devices after a while. From my experience, the fitbit comes back in the list always when I have other Bluetooth devices in the neighborhood (or worse, when my Moto G5 is connected to another Bluetooth device, for example a Bluetooth speaker or my car).

This is really annoying, as I'm always connected with other Bluetooth devices. So, several times a day, I need to remove the fitbit from the bluetooth paired devices.

I hope the support can fix this in a new version.

By the way, there are other threads with exactly the same issue and the same fix. For example, https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Flex-2-and-Moto-G5-syncing-issues/td-p/2290741

Best Answer

Having the same problem with syncing my Fitbit Alta with Moto G5plus. It works for a day and then stops. Really frustrated. What Fitbit if any works with a G 5 plus? I am about to change to a different product and vendor. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to constantly do the process above to get my phone to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this post.  My wife has an Alta and has been having this problem throughout the year.  The Alta synced fine and sent alerts for a long time after purchase last August (I think).  I've seen others post that Fitbit app version 2.58 was the highest where they had good results.

This came to mind again today b/c I was trying to contact my wife and I'm sure her phone is in her purse on mute.  The Alta notifications were our saving grace for her to be able to screen calls and texts while at work where she can't have her phone on her while seeing patients.

Going to try this fix and see also about downgrading the app on the G5.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Twigshearn.

I just got a Versa, and was having syncing problems on my Moto G5s. Syncing only worked the first time I paired the Versa; stopped syncing after that. After trying all kinds of ways to enable sync, the only thing I found that worked was to unpair and then pair again.

Then I found your solution to keep the tracker unpaired and it works great!

Best Answer
0 Votes