Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Moto G5 Woraround

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So i have my Alta two weeks. It syncs when it feels like it. sometimes after 1 day and it was 3 days at one stage. Really think this Fitbit is a piece of. I spent hours going through all help topics, uninstalling, reinstalling, resetting, turning off WiFi, turning on WiFi, connecting to computer etc nothing has improved, so disappointed

Moderator edit: subject for clarity and word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30
I do not know about the Versa. I recently got an update on my Moto G5 plus
that moved the phone from 7 to 8. Now my Fitbit AltaHR sync regularly
without any intervention. Pleased.

Carol
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's bizarre. However, I no longer have an issue. An update to either my
phone software or the Fitbit app has solved it, so mine syncs fine now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

For info, the issue disappeared with a recent update, either update of fitbit app or update of Android to version 8 (Oreo).

Best regards.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, the update to version 8 seems to have resolve the issue for me.

Carol Bittinger
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to see you all in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm happy to hear that some of you are no longer having problems with this by following @Twigsahearn suggestion.

If you're still having problems with this, you can try to remove your tracker from your connected Bluetooth devices and if your tracker doesn't sync form there, you can attempt to set it up as a new device. For this, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. On your connected devices, look for your tracker. Tap on it, then choose the option that says "Forget this device".

To set up your tracker as a new device, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Remember that it's  very important to make sure that the phone you're using is compatible.

Let me know if you guys need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
The sync problem was resolved by the Moto G5 plus update to version 8 oreo. The work around suggestions never fixed the problem. Sync problems always came back until now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot for getting back @Carol456!

I'm sorry that the workaround didn't work but I'm happy to hear that with the update, it's all working now. Hope it stays like that. If you need anything else, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  It worked immediately.  Thanks for sharing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @Twigsahearn!

Your bizarre trick - forget the BlueTooth connected tracking device on my Android 8 phone - made the Fitbit app sync again (for now).

More specific, for a while now, I have been trying to keep my 2019 Motorola G5S Plus running an Android 8 stock OS connected to my 2018 Fitbit Charge 3, both running the latest available OS and app. Sometimes it syncs, sometimes not.

The trick to forget the device in the Bluetooth settings of my smartphone, works today, but I don't expect it to last.

When I purchased the Fitbit Charge 3 last year, I assumed it would support my young stock Android device. Now that I look at the list of compatible devices - https://www.fitbit.com/devices - I am surprised to see only old 2013-2014 Moto G devices are supported...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I actually have no issues any more. It has long since been sorted by
updates. Hope yours continues to work well!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here I'm back again, 6 months later, to let you know that after implementing the Bluetooth syncing fix trick provided by @Twigsahearn! - very much to my surprise - I never had syncing problems with my FitBit Charge vs. Moto G5S Plus again. Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes