Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text / font sizes - there are a few of us that use reading glasses

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

...and we aren't going to put them on everytime we look at our fitbits.

You allow us to select a LARGE size for the time but you make the date too small for us older users to read. Take a guess why we want the large time display!! 

I just turned off my exercise prompt message because I can't read them most of the time anyway. Again, we chose a large time display for a reason and then you display messages with a small font.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

It's a tricky balancing act for Fitbit. They want to make the devices as small as possible means less room for a screen. If bigger fonts led to a bigger screen then loads of people would be unhappy. They can't please everyone all the time.

Is it not reasonable to expect to have to wear reading glasses if you want to read something?

Best Answer

This is the "Alta" forum. The Alta has a fairly large screen and the messages and other items that get displayed don't even come close to utilizing the full size available. The time display proves that they can go much larger. So I don't think it's unreasonable to request readable sized text (assuming they want to address an older market group).

Cheers.

Best Answer

At the moment is not yet possible to adjust the font size of the display @SunsetRunner, but this could be a helpful implementation for some users, I do recommend that you vote for this idea in the Feature Suggestion board and add your comments as well, the team of developers is constantly checking these suggestions looking for possible implementations in the future. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

They could make it a setting the user chooses, so everyone under 40 could still have the smaller font and everyone over 40 could actually read more than just the time.  I can't read anything except the time, so now it's just a watch.

Best Answer

There are clearly a lot of us who would vote for this improvement, but your link has been archived so we can't vote for it.  Please remove the issue from the archives or create a new one and update your link so we can vote for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can read the hours on the default display, big and bright. Minutes are faded so difficult. Date is impossible. It’s a nuisance to always have to put on your reading glasses when you know that a simple bright display will give you what you want at a glance. So, Mr Fitbit, please simply cycle though all the stats, one at a time, big and bright.

Best Answer