Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp for Alta

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Checked with an advisor who says WhatsApp isn't compatible with notifications on the Alta...is this a possibility please?
Best Answer
0 Votes
40 REPLIES 40
Hi Anniefitbit,i am using iphone 6s and based in your instruction i saw the notification and went to text and call but there is no another page that appears where i can sellect if i want to receive notifications from default messaging app or any compatible messaging app.pls help me sort it out and give more clear instruction.thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to see you around @FireladyRobot wink

I'm very sorry for the confusion in my instructions. WhatsApp notifications are only available for the Fitbit Blaze. For the Fitbit Alta, you're just able to receive notifications from the regular messaging app in iOS. I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding. 

Let me know if you have any further questions! Smiley Happy

Annie| Community Moderator

Was my answer helpful? Awesome! Let's help our fellow Fitbitters by marking this as a solution, and vote up! 😄

Best Answer

Hi anniefitbit. No worries about the misinderstanding but can you please make sure that engineers at fitbit are working on sorting out this issue ? If so when will it be available ?

Thank you

Best Answer

Thank you for your understanding @Ricoto! Currently, we don't have reports of this option being available soon, but thank you very much for your suggestion and your feedback! I'll make sure to pass it along to our team. 😄

By the way, we have a Discussion Board available, where other users share their experiences and their tips for staying healthy. Go check it out!

Happy Holidays! Woman Very Happy

Was my answer helpful? Awesome! Let's help our fellow Fitbitters by marking this as a solution, and vote up! 😄

Best Answer

Hi, can you help me ? How can i solve this problem ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to see you have joined us @CarolGallo! So I can further assist you, can you please provide me with more details of the issue you're having? Also, if you have tried any troubleshooting, please let me know.

See you around! Robot Very Happy Heart

Best Answer

Hello, i really need this feature for iOS. Ideally the alta should be able to receive notifications from third party app. ( not only the call and build in SMS app) . 

Fitbit guys, do you have plan to add this feature for Alta? 

My devive is iphone 6

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnnieFitbit wrote:

Hello everyone! I'm happy to see new faces around! 😄

For setting WhatsApp notifications in the Alta, you would have to open the app, go to Account, tap on the tracker tile, and go to Call and Text notifications. You will be taken to another page, where you can select if you want to receive notifications from the default messaging app or any other compatible messaging app.

Please keep in mind that WhatsApp notifications are only available for iOS.

Keep me posted if you have any questions! Woman Very Happy

Hi! I've been trying to do exactly what you said but when I tap on my Alta or as you said "tap on the tracker tile" there are only 3 things to toggle on or off. if I turn on the "text messages" on, appears only a new banner that said "display" there's no other "other page" to select if I want to revive notifications from any other compatible messaging app or the default messaging app.

I have an iPhone 7plus iOS 10.2

I would be pleased if you can answer me. Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately that's not correct. Under Account you need to select your Device(eg Alta HR) and go to Notifications. There you can enable/disable Calls, Calendar and Text Messages. However when enabling Text Messages it will NOT take you to another screen. Hence you can not choose what type of messages you want to receive.

I refer to version 2.34 built 653 of the iOS App.

Please provide screenshots if you want this to be marked as a solution. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I set whatsapp on the blaze with iphone??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I have a Alta HR and I checked all details in the article on your help site, but i still can't receive WhatsApp. You said: "Notifications will use your default texting app, but you can select WhatsApp instead." How can I select WhatsApp on my iPhone 5s (IOS)? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JaneDoe,

How did you get WhatsApp on your Alta?

I'm from the Netherlands too.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, @AndrewFitbit

I have a Alta HR and I checked all details in the article on your help site, but i still can't receive WhatsApp. You said: "Notifications will use your default texting app, but you can select WhatsApp instead." How can I select WhatsApp on my iPhone 5s (IOS)? 

Thankyou

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Llott Hey! That only works for Android users, you won't be able to get WhatsApp notifications on Alta if you're using iOS. Sorry. Robot Sad

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

Will future updates allow Alta ios users to get whatsapp and other notifications because who uses texts messages now 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

You set up Whatsapp notifications on iPhone??  Please share - how did you do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you able to give some correct instructions?   Apparently not....  I mean People ask if ist possible to get whatsapp notification, you say yes go balbla....    And later "it only works with blaze".  If you have no clue what you are talking about why dont you just shut up?

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

What if i use IOS (apple). can i do it? thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anybody know how to allow Fitbit Alta to access Whatsapp on IOS?

Smiley SadSmiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

The short answer is you cannot. There are other trackers that can receive 3rd party notifications but the Alta is not one of them.

Best Answer