Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is button on the Alta HR charging cable?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta HR stopped syncing a few weeks ago and I have tried troubleshooting it.  My last possible resort is to reset it, but I can't find the button on the charging cable that I am supposed to press to reset it.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Here is a picture of the button on mine - at the USB end of the charger:

20170704_232026.jpg

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

From the manual:

Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.

Hope this helps.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Best Answer

20170704_232026.jpg

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Best Answer

Thank you for the picture showing the location of the button.

Best Answer

I don't have a button on my charger...now what? How do I restart it? It's not working at all, even though the battery is fully charged.

Best Answer

If you dont have a button I would guess it is not a genuine Fitbit charging cable. Third part ones may have a pin hole that you activate with a paperclip in the same maneer as a button (three times in 4 seconds) or they may have nothing. Your best bet is probably to buy a genuine one with a button if the pinhole idea doesnt work. Let us know how you go.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Mine doesn't have one either. Customer service is sending me a new one. Weird how lots of the Alta HR's seem to have a substandard cable. It's all over the web. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit did not come with a manual. It will not start up despite following all of the comments on this site. The thing appears to be not worth the bother. 

@wtksk8rwrote:

20170704_232026.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I too am having trouble with the charging of my Fitbit Alta the helpful suggestions posted seemed as if they would help me solve my problem (a charge that used to last 5 days now lasts less than one). I have tried pressing the button as per others’ instructions but not only does the button seem not to or barely moves, I have had a complete lack of success in getting any response on my Fitbit.

Any further suggestions anybody?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Button or no button - makes no difference. If you can get the thing to vibrate when you connect - that is the same as a restart. The issue here is a poor Bluetooth setup process. I too have tried all the tips and checks (no button on my cable either). Occasionally but far from every time I can see a connected device with a name like IOM- sumthing-or-other - ALPHA2 but this does not help since the Fitbit App is stuck in "searching" and won't even back out. My email to support may get answered in 2 days. Wrong pal - it's going back to the store. How disappointing to see this is a widespread issue here and no responses at all from the FitBit folks. M-a-gellan for me!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @lifetooshort @elainemarc @unfitperson @Skianski, great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

If you're having problems with getting your Altas restarted, a restart is always recommended. Now, it's strange that you're having problems getting your trackers to restart due to the lack of a button on the charging cable. Now, please note that the button should be located on the USB part of it as shown in the picture on this post.

Once you've found it, you can easily restart your tracker by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbitwrote:

Hi there @lifetooshort @elainemarc @unfitperson @Skianski, great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

If you're having problems with getting your Altas restarted, a restart is always recommended. Now, it's strange that you're having problems getting your trackers to restart due to the lack of a button on the charging cable. Now, please note that the button should be located on the USB part of it as shown in the picture on this post.

Once you've found it, you can easily restart your tracker by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else!

Hi I’ve tried all of the suggestions listed and my Fitbit still won’t work. No vibration, no display or anything. It ran out of battery during the night and now it won’t work at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Dannipittboot. Welcome to the Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your Alta HR not responding and thanks a lot for trying the suggestions above.

In this situation, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to the Support Team for them to help you out with this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions and if you need anything else, let me know!

Good luck!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Thank you so much 😊 I feel lost without it! 

Best Answer

Thanks for reply...but sad to say I had to buy a replacement Alta as my first one had definitely died. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your answer only works if your cable has a button. For some reason they are shipping new fitbits with cables that have no button.  Mine was bought at Best Buys and was new in box with a cable that has no button.  Took it back, and we examined 5 additional boxes, every one of them had no button on the cable.  People are not buying substandard cables, they are getting them shipped directly new in box that way.  Furthermore  my cable has a fitbit logo on it right where the button is supposed to be.  

Best Answer

@C23jfp if you have a charger without a button then you need to contact Support (link in my signature ). I know there have apparently been some trackers packed without buttons on the cables.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My charging cable doesn't have that button..now what?? Frustrated!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jackalope99 see my post above yours if you believe your charger is a fitbit one. If you have a non genuine charger then you need to buy a genuine one from Fitbit.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Thanks, I will see if mine has that, if so, I'll try it.

Best Answer
0 Votes