Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is button on the Alta HR charging cable?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta HR stopped syncing a few weeks ago and I have tried troubleshooting it.  My last possible resort is to reset it, but I can't find the button on the charging cable that I am supposed to press to reset it.

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

the phone app cannot find the fitbit.  Says connecting but never does.  When I added new device, it said device found but it will not connect to the alta. any other ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What phone are you using @Kimmer2296?

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My Fitbit hasn't updated since Jan 27.  I called and have been on the phone twice for a long time.  I do have the Fitbit charger but nothing works.  Since I have had it over a year I cannot return.  However I will not be buying another.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Laj3, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Fitbit Alta HR not syncing for a while. I'm sorry to hear also that our Support Team was not able to provide a replacement due to your warranty status.

At the moment, I wouldn't be able to offer anything different from what our Support Team has offered. If you'd like to take advantage of the alternatives they offered, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out with the process.

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
I have tried everything to update my fitbit. Had to.purchade a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It came with my fitbit alta, directly from fitbit. How is it not the "genuine" one? It's not like a standardized charging cable that can charge a dozen different devices and can be bought anywhere.

@NellyG 

"I know there apparently have been some trackers packed without buttons on the cables"

Yet in your previous post you tell people they must have non-genuine cables.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WEStone  Go back and read what I said. I said 'I guess it is not'. A non genuine charger is still the most likely option.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

i have the official charging unit 

where is the button

Best Answer
0 Votes

My one don’t have it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has the button on the charging cable.  I pushed it 3 times and my Alta restarted, but quit working a few minutes later just like it was doing before I went through this procedure.  Does Fitbit have tech support that I can call for help.  Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I have a third-party cable that has no button and no pinhole, and I was able to restart my tracker by unplugging/replugging 3 times in succession. I didn't even pull it out of the plug completely, just enough so that the tracker recognized being unplugged.

Hope this helps you or others! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NellyG how can I get an "original" charging cord if Fitbit doesn't even show they ever sold them on their website? I'd be willing to buy a couple of them, if the price is right. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I have no idea where you would get them. The Alta line has been deleted for a couple of years now.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the problem where it wont reset, I dont get the logo appear after 4 secs, it just vibrates each time its pressed.

Only thing syncing over is the weight...no steps etc

Help!

Tamsin

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get them to send you a new one? My charging cable never had a button, which I never needed until now — I’m trying to troubleshoot why my heart rate monitor is not working. Customer support said it’s beyond my warranty and they can’t replace my Fitbit. But I just need a charging cable with a button on it

Hello, I contacted Fitbit support, here’s what happened:

DB7E45CD-3D33-45E2-8F23-5EFE9AAF8D15.jpeg

F5F7C09C-36E1-4B88-B936-2516EF73C3A8.jpeg

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

It’s been a few days and I haven’t had a reply. Do you have any recommendations?

Best Answer

Mine is an original charger but nothing to press. Bought from Sainsburys in Scotland 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue. No response from my Fitbit Alta even after being plugged in for hours and no response when pushing the buttons as stated above. I contacted support and they told me to just clean the charge connectors and plug it back in. Still no response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes