Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my Alta HR turn itself off when it vibrates?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently my AltaHR has been turning itself off when it vibrates. I turned off the reminders to move, but it still turns itself off every time I meet my step goal and won’t come back on until I plug it in to the charger and reset it. 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Possibly because the battery can not provide enough power. Have you tested this theory by having it vibrate while being charged? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s more complex apparently. Today I found out that only a vibration originating in the Fitbit application triggers this shutdown. A text came in to my phone, and the Fitbit vibrated, displayed the information about the text, and continued to operate normally until a couple hours later, when I reached my step goal. As it was vibrating for that it shut down. When I got home and placed it in the charger to reset, it showed my step count as goal plus four, with approximately 75% battery remaining. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does exactly the same thing! Really annoying!

I've tried multiple resets and it is always when you hit the step goal, then when you put it on to charge it always has 75% battery remaining? So disappointing 😞 seems like a software glitch to me.

I am going to change the step goal and see what happens if it still does it at 10k or new step goal.

Best Answer

I got the same symptom. 

I set a vibrating notification to weak me up in the morning.  

But every time it vibrates and auto turn itself off while I tap my Alta HR.

It's even embarrassing this product is from the company that I work at.  

Hope somebody from fitbit team see this issue and fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JamesChenTW and welcome to the Community.  The Alta HR was discontinued in 2019 when Fitbit introduced the Inspire series.  Your battery is six years old, ancient by rechargeable battery standards.  There's no way to check your battery health, like on your phone.  But I think you have an old battery and it is at its end of life.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with @LZeeW your battery doesn't have enough juice to run the motor and keep the watch on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes