Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't SmartTrack activities show distance?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else as appalled as I am that Fitbit has chosen to not display the distance or mileage of a walk or a run when it shows the steps?  Fitbit's response is that SmartTrack doesn't log this information.  But it logs the number of steps and if Fitbit knows the number of steps, it knows the distance!!!  Show it to us, Fitbit!  Don't force customers to convert their steps to distance in order to get this information. If you choose not to log this critical information (I can't understand why) then at least do the conversion in the Activities page for the customer so we can see our mileage on runs and walks!  It seems like such a simple fix. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hello @Bmiles and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit doesn't give an explanation, but I have a theory.  SmartTrack is pretty smart, but not perfect.  It can 'recognize' the wrong activity.  Someone's brisk walk might get recognized as a run.  Walking and running stride lengths are different, so you just can't change the name of an activity without recalculating the distance.  I recently helped a new user whose salsa dancing got recognized as swimming.  Swimming!  It would take an astronomical amount of programming to correct every wrong possibility.

I hope this helps you and everyone else who added to this thread.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes