Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I was at the gym walking on the treadmill when I was on the Fitbit app and I decided to change the clock face. Ever since then the app just says looking and I've plugged it in and tried everything I possibly can but it will not turn on
Best Answer
264 REPLIES 264
On the wider part of the charging cable...where u plug it in......hard to see...black on black.

Sent from my iPad
Docpat
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, welcome to the chat however, I am not certain why I am receiving the question???
Good luck!!

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello fellow Alta users. As previously stated. I am an owner just like the rest of you, therefore your questions should be referred to the company, not me the consumer. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I'm having this same problem. Was there a solution for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same thing. brand new... set up... wont hold a charge... this is so frustrating... I paid a lot of money... should work better

Best Answer
0 Votes

Terrible experience. Lost Fitbit flex, purchased new Fitbit Alta. Cannot delete old Fitbit flex account - new Alta cannot set up. Absolutely frustrating. If iPhone had more than step tracking I would use it and return  Alta. Great experience with Flex but Alta is awful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried your method several times and I just keep getting the URL for set-up on my screen, my iPhone doesn't recognize it and I'm totally frustrated. I've had it less than 5 hours. That's not good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call FitBit support. Dont frustrate yourself. They will figure it out or send you a new one. Fitbit support takes forever but they are good. Good Luck

Stacie Hackel Snow
"Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground."- Anon.

??
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I had such a busy day and I can't bear to get on with a support person right now. I'll give them a call tomorrow. I'm VERY surprise at how difficult this product is to set up and how many questions there are about using it. It shouldn't be like that. 

@Snowfolk wrote:
Call FitBit support. Dont frustrate yourself. They will figure it out or send you a new one. Fitbit support takes forever but they are good. Good Luck

Stacie Hackel Snow
"Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground."- Anon.

??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've lost my original charger and I don't see anything on this charger to push three times in 8 seconds to try a reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am having same issue and have tried restarting several times but no luck, will only activate when plugged in. It was working fine on saturday and recorded my sleep but since Sunday morning nothing. very frustrating as i only got it on Saturday. Purchased from a friend who had bought previously but never used it, still new in box. what else can I try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Cindy but nope that pressing button 3 times did not work..

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I go to charge my Alta, it doesnt charge.  When I plugged it in it pulsed.  So I changed outlets and plugged it in again, now its completely dead.  No combination of different outlets or plugs will work.  I dont have a computer to charge it from.  It will not even turn on to charge.  Ive tried to clean contacts and that doesn't work.  I got this in Feb. So its not very old either.  It's completely dead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you  - I was having trouble finding the button

Best Answer
0 Votes
The thing is after my charge broke company sent me ALTA 2 times! with 3
bodies! you know what it only worked 3 day now ALTAS are not working
neither my CHARGE.... worst of worst brand experience I have ever seen....
I really bored to deal with this.
who ever ask for a this type of product I gonna send them to another brand.

this is riddicilus.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks helpfull
Matthew Paul Ortega Saenz
Best Answer

Literally having the same problems the Fitbit person said the set up wasn’t completely finished which I actually set up it alone and did alll the steps and I just got it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told to do that and it didn’t work 😒

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't get frustrated. Call tech support and have them walk you through the process, if all else fails, fitbit tech support is really good and will replace yours if its a lemon. good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried that 

Best Answer
0 Votes