Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I was at the gym walking on the treadmill when I was on the Fitbit app and I decided to change the clock face. Ever since then the app just says looking and I've plugged it in and tried everything I possibly can but it will not turn on
Best Answer
264 REPLIES 264

Hey no problem. I'm a seasoned dissatisfied customer. The best way to fix a Fitbit is with a hammer and then go buy something that actually works

Best Answer
I thought of a solution. Tape a charger pack to your arm above the watch
and connect it with the USB cable. They all seem to work when plugged in
for charging😂
--
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

That is some legit logic right there.

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

Battery is fully charged Alta Fitbit will not turn on

Best Answer
I have sent back the watch and never want to hear about it again
This is a nightmare, hope these messages will stop

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Me too. We need to unsubscribe I think.
--
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

brand new Fitbit Alta, had to return the first as it didn't work at all now with no #2 it wont hold charge. when i plug it into the computer after it has randomly died it says the battery is at 3/4 and soon after a full battery (after not even five minutes) and yet it wont even last me a full day. frustrated and yes I have tried re setting it. and all the other suggestions like turning auto sync off and reminder to move ect.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Good to see you all in the Forums! 🙂

@Klinker, I'm sorry to hear that you're not being able to restart your Alta HR because you don't have the restart button on your charger. Now, I'd like to know where you purchased your tracker from, was it directly from Fitbit or an authorized retailer or was it somewhere else?

Something you can try alternatively is, instead of pressing the button, to unplug the USB part of the charger three times within a few seconds for a restart to take effect. 

@MonkeySlogan, is your Alta not responding at all? When you put it to charge, does it light up or doesn't respond at all? Even if it's not turning on, is it syncing? Let me know so that I can help you out with this.

@Shema @eviefonts, I'm sorry about that. I've escalated your case to our Support Team for them to help you out with this. Please, keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions and if you need more help, feel free to let me know!

@Bob-Death, sorry to hear that 😕 are you having the same problem? What is exactly going on? I'd like to help you out!

@dbrum, I'm sorry that your Alta is not responding. Have you tried by any chance to restart your tracker? If not, You can easily do this by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot.

If you guys need more help with this, feel free to let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Please stop replying
I have sent the stupid watch back a long time ago

Moderator edit: Format, personal information removed

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @jeancharles.led!

I'd like to let you know that people will continue to post on this thread if they need help. My recommendation would be to unsubscribe from it and you will stop receiving notifications for people who post here.

For this, go to the top right corner of the thread, you should see a gear icon. Once you click on it, you will see an option that says Unsusbscribe. Click on it and from that moment, you should stop receiving these notifications.

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charger doesn’t have a button? 

Please help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  I have tried all of the fixes, including resetting the Fitbit, reinstalling the app, turning my Bluetooth off and on, etc., and my screen is still black.  It will work for a few minutes and then it won't respond to taps.  This is my second Alta since I returned one for the same reason.  Also, I hear a sound when I plug in the dongle, and the computer shows that it's registering as a Bluetooth device, but I don't see the Fitbit icon anywhere on my computer.  I mention this since the "fix" seems to be to sync it to the computer first.  I am running Windows 10 and have an LG phone.  Also, I did the update to the latest firmware. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What button on the charging cable?  Where?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue of blank screen I tried the restart I could feel in responding when I pressed the button 3 times but screen still blank 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Basically Fitbit is just a terrible brand that sells product to people that I am sure they know that doesn't work. I have unsubscribed from Fitbit yet they continue to pester me with their crap motivational messages that are not relevant because the Fitbit I have never even worked. When is someone going to hold Fitbit accountable for ripping off hundreds of customers? Give my money back Fitbit. Give everyone their money back.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My last Fitbit lasted for years with no issues I bought a new one because I wanted to upgrade to new options like continuous heart rate

Hmm I guess you are not a Fitbit fan why are you still on message board ??

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone! Good to see you all in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are still having problems with your Fitbit Alta not responding. Thank you all for your efforts in trying to get it to work. I'd like to help you out!

@Mum-Anna @plkgourd, welcome to the Forums! Please, see this post that includes a picture of how it should look like and where to find it. 

@ondrayuh @GerriD, I'm sorry to hear that and thanks a lot for what you've tried to get it to work! Now, I'd like to know. When your tracker goes off, if you put it in the charger, does it come back on? If you take it out of the charger, will it stay on or will it die soon after that? I'll be looking forward for your reply!

If any of you need more help, feel free to let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the steps above.  When plugged into charger, I can tap through screens and it will sync.  When unplugged from charger, it i a black screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@szm I'm sorry for the late response. However, regarding the charging issues that your Fitbit Alta experienced, I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they assisted you via email. I'm glad to hear that your case was handled and they provided a solution.

Please don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance and I'll be happy to assist you.

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's no button on my charger... 

Best Answer
0 Votes