Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I was at the gym walking on the treadmill when I was on the Fitbit app and I decided to change the clock face. Ever since then the app just says looking and I've plugged it in and tried everything I possibly can but it will not turn on
Best Answer
264 REPLIES 264

@SalP I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'd like to welcome you to our Fitbit Community.

Since you mentioned that your charger doesn't have a button, please check out this post which shows where to find the button on the charging cable.

As a side note, was the charger in the original box when purchased your Fitbit Alta or was the charger bought separately from another store?

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

did this. unfortunately did not work for me :(.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no button on my charging cable.  looked all over for it.  all it says is www.fitbit.com/setup.  now what.

There is no button on the cable.  only on the watch.  you are refering to the wrong model.  this is for the Alta.

There is no button on the charging cable.  What are you people talking about?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Its a button at the end of the charging cable where the ubs connector is.

Regards

Hisham
Best Answer
0 Votes

@zmhisham thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up on the issue and would like to know if your Alta is still unable to turn on or if it came back to life.

@MelodyKK it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Since you mentioned that your charging cable doesn't have a button, please let me know what is the Fitbit model you have and where you purchased it from.

See you later!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have discarded it. The screen couldn't be turned on and the green light underneath was always on until the battery runs dry. I discarded it when the data collected on my heart beat was wrong, showing my heart rate above 90 / 100 beats per sec.

Regards

Hisham
Best Answer
0 Votes
My Alta is all good.  Thank you for checking!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, how do you fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It restarts but no vibration, my Fitbit won’t charge and when I take it off charge it doesn’t show anything on the screen. 

I have tried your steps and have contacted support but haven’t gotten a reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

As long as it is charging and able to sync and not recording wrong data. I think it will eventually break down totally and you will need a replacement. Just make sure you keep the warranty card if you decide to replace.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this also and the same thing happens with mine. It just goes dead. Will not hold a charge for more than one day and sometimes not even that long.

Best Answer

I got a Fitbit gold special edition Alta on eBay after I lost mine (sad face) It will not charge HELLLLLLP 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If it’s an Alta, I got an email from the company and they said themselves
that the Altas will fail.
Best Answer
Ugh times a zillion

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried It. Nothing helps.

Best Answer
I had the same issue.... I got a new charger and it’s working now 🤷🏽‍:female_sign:

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue, I ordered a new charger from Fitbit directly and it is working fine now . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here,I tried what you said above but it didn’t work for me. It is fully charged but only turns on when it is on the charger. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same my one didn’t do anything aswell 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used my FitBit yesterday and it still shows on my App as being 80% charged but it won’t come on. I cleaned the charging prongs with isopropyl alcohol and tried plugging it in and restarting it several times. It will not come on. It says Looking in the App when I try to sync it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes