Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wristband won't stay attached to unit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

One side of my Alpha HR large grey wristband inexplicably became detached yesterday - thankfully it happened at home and I didn't lose my Fitbit on the street!

Now when I reattach it, it will go into place but just won't stay on -  as though the metal clip is not engaging it properly.

I see there is a little screw on the metal clip but I couldn't find a screwdriver in my set (which includes 6 micro screwdrivers!) to fit the grooves. What is the best thing to do please? Fitbit was purchased on your online store on 29th June 2017.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Id suggest you contact Support. I think they will replace the band for you, but you need to talk to them. Link is in my signature.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Id suggest you contact Support. I think they will replace the band for you, but you need to talk to them. Link is in my signature.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same thing happen to me two days ago with a band from a third party site.  After a quick Google search, it turns out that the latch in that band that connects to the tracker itself was broken!  Luckily, I still have my original band, so replacing it was easy.  In your case, I would contact Support as @NellyG suggested and see if they will offer to replace the band, or at the very least offer a discount towards getting a replacement band.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks Kristen! I have made contact with Support so hopefully will get this sorted with them

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks NellyG... Support is in train now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact FitBit support. They just replaced mine cause the same thing happened to mine. 

Best Answer

I had a Alta hr since April of 2018 which I purchased at Cost co and if came with 3 bands.  I used the grey one very little and mostly and had the black one on daily up until it starting fallin off.  Tried switching to the other newer bands and they too would not clip in place.  Took the Alta Hr back and went to use my son’s Charge 2 and he informed me that his was not staying on either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call Fitbit and have them replace it. That’s what I did!
Best Answer

Same thing has happened to my Fitbit Alta HR, the strap keeps detaching on one side. This is my second Fitbit, which was only purchased this just over three months ago. I lost my previous Fitbit Charge HR Because the strap loop broke off. There’s obviously a problem with the quality of the straps. Not happy at all.

Did you contact customer service and did they replace of the strap. 

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've only been wearing my Alta HR since mid-August and the same thing has happened to mine. I am very disappointed, given the issues most users of the Flex had with their bands. I purchased the HR as an upgrade, but continued to wear my Flex until it fell off and was never found. I really like the HR, but certainly not the idea of losing another one!! I will contact customer support, but am not looking forward to replacing bands every 3 months! (And here I thought the reason some of the packages contained multiple bands was for color choice...not as a backup for when one broke).

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned the Alta and found the 2nd band for my son’s charge hr. The 2nd
band seems to be fine. What’s interesting is that my husband put the band
that kept coming off of my son’s charge on his charge and he says it seems
fine. So strange!
We are so thankful we bought at cost co. and we can return anytime. That
is, if we don’t lose it.
--
null
Best Answer
0 Votes

They will only replace the band within the first year.  After that you are out of luck.

Best Answer

Yep...I found this out the hard way. Very recently, 1yr with an additional 2 month grace period which I just missed

Best Answer
0 Votes