Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't set the correct time on Alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hoping someone can advise me on how to get my Alta watch time changed. This is the first watch that I purchased, but have since updated to a charge 2 which I have synced on my account.  I am getting that you can only have one device synced at a time. Does this mean that I will have to delete my charge 2 watch, - install my Alta watch and get the time set correctly, - and then reinstall my charge 2 watch.   [The reason I want to fire up the Alta watch is because I have an infected wrist from the larger watch band of the Charge, and just can't happily wear it on the other wrist. It feels weird.]  TIA

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @LYN8 the Charge 2 and the Alta are both older devices and you can definitely have both of them attached to your account!  So go to your Fitbit app and from the opening screen click on the small icon top left (smart watch and phone)..  On the next screen at the bottom click on “Add more devices”.  Scroll down the list and click on Alta (or Alta HR depending on which device you have) and follow the instructions from there.  You do NOT need to remove your Charge 2 first.

Once your Alta is set up on your account it should take its time from your phone.

Having said all that, you should be aware that the Alta is quite and old tracker (in electronic terms) and especially if the battery has been left dead for a significant amount of time you may find issues with set up and operation, but with luck you will get it going.

I hope your infection clears up soon.  It may be helpful to have a look at this help article which gives hint for wear and care for your Fitbit, especially for skin care.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Julia,  Thank  you so much for your help - it is really appreciated.  My Alta is setting up now.

Thank you

Lyn8

Best Answer
0 Votes