Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to validate your credit card" when ordering

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've sat for around an hour trying to pre order a teal Fitbit Alta and the link leather band to go with it.
Firstly it would not recognise my address, after a few tries it did.. I then got to payment page and it said over and over that my card cannot be verified etc. I then tried with my mums card and it said the same?
Can anyone help? I'm gutted as I'm really wanting to order it!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've just been notified that this issue should now be resolved, and credit card orders should work properly once again. Sorry for the downtime with our store, and thanks everyone who reported this. Please let me know if you have any further trouble placing your order.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

I've had exactly the same problem trying to preorder the Alta for my daughter. Issues with the address initially and once those were finally resolved my card details weren't recognised. I've tried again this morning on a PC and still have the same problem. Nightmare!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly the same as me! I was on my laptop to start with but but then tried on my phone to see if it would make any difference but not at all! Absolutely gutted! Are you in the UK also? If so, maybe it's a technical glitch?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I'm in the UK too, I've sent them an email asking if there's a known issue and I'll let you know if they respond (it said it could take up to two days!)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Three days old trying to order the Alta - seriously now looking at Garmin.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried again this evening, still no luck!! Driving me crazy because I've been waiting over a month to order it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for the trouble with placing your preorders. Can you give me a little more information on what you're seeing? What is the error message you're encountering? And can you confirm whether you're using a Visa/Mastercard/Amex/Discover credit card or a debit card (and not a prepaid card)?

Edit: Clarified wording

Best Answer
0 Votes
'We were unable to validate your credit card. Please re-enter your card information to place your order'

I've tried both a MasterCard and a Visa, and selected the correct type of card on each occasion. It's so frustrating and I have to admit we are now considering alternatives too.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been using a Visa Debit, is that an issue? I have been having the same error message as above.
Best Answer
0 Votes
So are you saying that it can't be paid for with an average debit card? It has to be a credit card?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Anelise Sorry, I worded that poorly. You should be able to use a debit card - I just wanted to make sure I knew which type of card you were using when you see the error.

I am looking into this and will post again once I have more information. Again, sorry for the trouble!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ah, okay! I look forward to your reply! 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same problem and have tried both credit and debit cards linked to different accounts. The same message shows for both - unable to validate your credit card. I emailled customer services, but no reply as still under 2 days. This is my first purchase with fitbit and I'm excited to get it ordered ready for the release! I look forward to this problem being fixed soon!Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't order either (Norwegian credit card)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad it's not just me!! Tried several times last night and again this morning and it's still saying the same, that it's unable to validate my card! So frustrating!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've tried again this morning, no luck still!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues too, i have tried with several different cards and devices. Is there a time frame this will be fixed and can we be contacted rather than keep trying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same issue with ordering Alta. I'm from Poland (both billing address and delivery address are in Poland, even though they are not the same address).

I tried with 2 VISAs (credit), 1 VISA (debit) and 1 MasterCard cards. I get the same message (the system is not able to validate my card). I'm using the same cards for many other online purchases (some of them are more expensive than Alta, so I think the cost is not an issue in this case). 

I also tried ordering from a different browser (assuming that something was in the cache etc.) but it didn't work either (I also tried the above-mentioned 4 cards in this case). 

I hope that this issue will be resolved quickly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

won't work with my card either. Ordered a black one yesterday from amazon uk. They now seem to have only have blue and purple in stock on amazon uk but getting black ones in again shortly.

Maddison
Best Answer
0 Votes