Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring data from old fitbit to new fitbit Alta HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My old Fitbit is dying and I have a new one.  How do I transfer all the data from the old one to the new one?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

As long as you have done a sync from old fitbit, that data goes to the main fitbit database in the cloud.  It is attached to your fitbit account/email, not to the tracker itself.  So just be sure to add your new tracker to the same account, and all your data will be there, at least all data that has been synced.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi @sbstewart  your history will be there when you set up using your existing account. History is stored on the Fitbit secure servers and all you need is to continue the journey. Congrats on the new Fitbit!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JohnnyRow  beat me by 47 seconds! Well done!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

That sounds great except that I can't find the icon on desktop where I can add the new fitbit.  Exactly how do I get to that spot to make that happen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Assuming on phone app, from 'Today' page, click profile pic at top left to get to 'Account page, then go down to 'Set up a Device' and follow the prompts.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Got it.  I was trying to do it on desktop so switched to phone app.  Working now.  Thank you so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes