Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting brightness on Alta HR's screen?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unable to see the screen in bright sunlight. Are there any adjusts that can be made to improve visualization?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Hi @drnick and welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, there are no options to adjust the brightness in sunlight at this time.  However, you can go over to the suggestion board and if it gets enough attention, the engineers might incorporate your idea in the future.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@drnick I hope you're doing well! Just as @DramaQueenDiva informed, there is currently no option to adjust the brightness on your tracker's screen.

I made some research and found the suggestion she was referring to that is asking for the same feature as you. Feel free to vote for it and leave a comment there as well. 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I have the same problem - useless in sunlight

Best Answer

Silly question maybe, but where is the suggestions board? OK - just found a link in a message I hadn't seen before

Best Answer

@TomBarkas Glad you found it. Vote for the post (suggestion)!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

The link the moderator shows is for the original Alta.... not the newer Alta HR

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought my first Fitbit yesterday and am ready to return it because of this issue. What is the good of a tracker that I can't read outside??!! It looks to me that people have been commenting on this problem for over a year and all the moderators say is "Thank you for your comments and please make a suggestion about this feature."  Very frustrating!! Smiley Sad

Best Answer

Here us the link to a thread for the Alta HR screen brightness

Alta HR Screen brightness

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I agree, but luckily I do a lot of my walking in a park with lots of trees, I can usually squint and see my numbers. Very frustrating, obviously no one involved with designing this crappy version tried it out beforehand. I would have returned it had I known.

Best Answer

Disappointed, as a mailman and outside all day, this thing is about as useful as socks on a rooster.  About to get surgery to correct a heart condition and tracking pulse throughout the day is useful.

Best Answer

What is the point in having a Fitbit if you can’t see it in daylight. It’s ridiculous. You need to be able to adjust the brightness display. A very disappointed and annoyed customer. 

Best Answer
I agree that it is very frustrating but no one at Fitbit seems to have an answer to this problem or an interest in finding one. Sorry!! .
Best Answer

So you expect us to pay $200 for something that we can't see in daylight and do nothing to rectify the problem? Could I have my money back please for this worthless item?

Best Answer
I am currently discussing this point with the Fitbit support team now!

Trudiosh
Best Answer
Well done. Give 'em hell and please let me know how it goes!

Cheers, Breeon
Best Answer

that point about $200 and not being able to see it in the sunlight is a great point.

keep us updated on what the support people say.

PS being able to change the colors of the led lights on the face would be even better

Best Answer
Having had many to and fro emails between FitBit and I, and having
continually having to reiterate the problem, it was concluded that my
FitBiit screen was faulty. Although Fitbit remotely accessed my data, thus
implying the Fitbit was working, not the issue, it was photos sent of the
screen inside and then outside that proved the fault. FitBit was always
quick to respond and the issue was settled over a couple of days with
persistence. I was able to get a replacement through the site of purchase
as I had the email from Fitbit that agreed the screen was faulty and to
contact the site of purchase and get a replacement.
There is definitely a fault with the product though, if you can’t see the
screen outside with sunglasses on as most people wear sunglasses outside.
It is to do with polarised sunglasses incompatibility with the screen. The
issue should be fixed by Fitbit as it is still a lot of money to pay for a
device that is not functional for half its use.
If I had been offered a refund I would have taken that option as I would
not purchase this type again if the screen is not changed. Mind you I
will have to see whether other types of FitBits or brands have similar
issues.
I hope this helps others.
Please Fitbit make the screens more clearly readable outside.
Best Answer

PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM.....UNACCEPTABLE....

i would return and buy something else if I could...

Best Answer

Since 2011  my smartphones have been not merely adjustable, but automagically self-dimming / brightening. They weren't expensive  top-shelf phones, nor is auto-brightness This is NOT a bleeding edge feature, it was NOT Fitbit's first device, and Fitbit is NOT a cockroach corner manufacturer.

So why was this dismissed? It surely was thought of and discussed - - and dismissed. The cynicism of that decision is breathtaking! 

Best Answer