Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta hr is not holding its battery! Have to recharge every two days!

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Kandee. Good to see you around! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear  that the battery on your Alta HR is not lasting as it should 😕

I can recommend putting it to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the cradle and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track.

I'll be looking forward for your reply.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Please clean the contacts
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/My-tracker-s-battery-isn-t-charging/?q=not+chargi...

Then Do a Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Also See this thread for charging best practices. If you are not charging it correctly you could be damaging the battery
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge/Fitbit-charge-battery-problems/m-p/1323307#M53291

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1799

If that does not help contact support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi there @Kandee. Good to see you around! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear  that the battery on your Alta HR is not lasting as it should 😕

I can recommend putting it to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the cradle and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track.

I'll be looking forward for your reply.

Best Answer

I'm having same problem with my battery. It was fine and then all the sudden  It started drading really Fast. I got it 2 weeks ago.

Best Answer

Restart it several times in a row. If that doesnt fix it you will need to contact Support (link in my signature )

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Good to see you in the Community Forums @BriDeGregorio! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having problems with the battery on your tracker not lasting as it should 😕

I've gone ahead and escalated your case to the Support Team for them to get you back on track and just please, keep an eye on your inbox fore more instructions. If you need anything else, I'm here to help.

Also, thanks a lot @NellyG for the help! 🙂

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and it started 2 days ago. The battery used to last about one week, now it is lasting a bit over 2.5 hours. How can I contact the Support Team for help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The link for Support is in my signature

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I just bought a new Fitbit Alta HR a few days ago and it doesn't seem to hold a charge for more than a day.  Very annoying (and disappointing).  Just curious if you were ever able to get your charging issue resolved.

Best Answer

@Kidsmom return it to yhe store you bought it or contact Support (link in my signature)

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Thanks, I think I will return it and attempt an exchange.  Hopefully the next one works as it should.

Best Answer

I got my Alta HR from Amazon and the battery drain started about 6 months after I first stated using it. So I contacted support at https://help.fitbit.com. They were able to determine that my Alta HR was less than a year old (still under warranty) and see the drastic battery drain. Then, they gave me two options: get a new, different Fitbit for 50% off or get a replacement Alta HR for free. I went with the replacement and got it a few days (at most, a week) later.

Best Answer

I'm on my second Alta HR and I have battery life issues with both of them. I'm using # 2 right now and the battery life is only one day now. I've only had this one for approxinately one year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was on my second Alta HR as well and, about a week ago, it started to have the battery drain issues.  I contacted Fitbit support (https://help.fitbit.com) and the representative asked me to perform a battery test (i.e., determine how much time would take the battery to go from fully charged to empty) and to contact them again when the test was completed.  I contacted Fitbit support again with the results of the battery test, which was about 12.5 hours, and the representative determined that my Alta HR had "exceeded the 365 days limited warranty."  So the representative sent me an-email with a link for a 25% discount towards my next purchase from the fitbit.com online store that lasts only 30 days.

If you are close, but have not passed the 1-year mark, I suggest to contact Fitbit support as soon as possible.  If you have passed the 1-year mark, I guess you are own your own, but still contact Fitbit support to see what they can offer.

At this time, I'm inclining not to buy a new Fitbit because I don't want to buy something that, from experience, I know that it will last for about a year.

Best Answer

This will most likely be my last fitbit. Thanks for letting me know about your experience!

Best Answer

Hi! Has this been resolved? I'm having the same issue, it looks as though it's lasting around 6 hours. I'm out of warranty too and my last fit bit lasted only just over warranty also!

Best Answer
Hello! I am happy to say the issue with my Fitbit has been resolved. I
did a factory reset (restore??) and it has been working fine ever since. I
wear my device day and night, and on average charge it once every week to
week and a half. Give it a try and good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ref no.  33281288  I have performed the battery drain test.  I kept waking up in the middle of the night to sync it.  Last done around 2am gmt.  Went back to bed and woke up around 5.30am and it is completely dead, meaning now 0%  as instructed.  Cannot contact your customer support, so leaving the message here if you can help.  Fitbit customer support pls contact me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the exact same experience. My Alta HR was less than two years old.  It’s pathetic that you basically have to throw  the device away and buy a new one every couple of years.  I think I will get an Apple Watch instead. 

Best Answer

My Alta HR randomly died in the middle of the night. I charged it fully this morning and when I wore it and checked on the battery five minutes later it was already down to 50%.

I charged it to full once again but it's already at 40% right now after less than 10 minutes of use. Does anyone know what to do? 😞

Best Answer