Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My cousin acdiaccident put a Different type of Fitbit charger on my Fitbit Alta HR and it won't turn on what do I do?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Gbus try restarting uour trackernseveral times (on the  orrect charger ). Fingers crossed thatwill fix it. Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

That may be why the tracker won't charge. Was it an official Fitbit charger? Can you send in a picture of the tracker and charger?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@Gbus try restarting uour trackernseveral times (on the  orrect charger ). Fingers crossed thatwill fix it. Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My alto battery was low so I plugged it in.  went to get it and it isn't working!!  😞 

what happened and what can I do to correct this problem?

Best Answer

It still won't turn on.When my cousin was going to charge it he accidentally used a Fitbit charger 2 instead of the Alta charger and when he put it on the watch it just turned off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I restart my watch on a pc

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes it is fine to use a PC as long as the tracker is charging at the time.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hi there @JeanTee @Gbus, great to see you both in the Community Forums! 🙂

@JeanTee, I'm sorry to hear that your tracker is not responding. Have you tried to restart it? If not, you can easily do this by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot and the display should come back on.

@Gbus, you can surely use your PC for restarting your tracker. Just make sure to plug your charging cable to the PC and follow the steps that I provided above and see how it goes.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I have tried all of the suggestions on this page and I still cannot get the fitbit to turn on.  My daughter had an early Christmas last night and opened the box for the first time and it was working fine.  But this morning she woke up and there is nothing there.  I bought 2 at the time and my sons is working fine.  I tried to reset it on her charger and his (both the same) and neither worked.  Nothing is on the screen at all.  It won't even vibrate when I plug it in.  Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to return it to the store you bought it or contact Support (link in my signature)

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hi @Pinky2003, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that your daughter's tracker seems not to be responding. Thanks a lot for everything that you've tried to get her tracker to work!

At this point, it sounds like you've tried everything and it has not helped. I would then suggest the same as @NellyG. You can either return the tracker to the store and have it exchanged or your can also have your daughter to get in touch with the Support Team for them to help her out. (Click here for the different options to get in touch with our team).

Anything else you may need, we're here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant think of anything I did to harm my fitbit alta hr but when I was working on my homework, I wanted to see the time so I double tapped my fitbit but nothing happened. I realized that no longer was there a green light flashing and no matter what I do it won't turn on. I already tried to charge it and restart it.

Update:

What should i do?

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @09082006 ! I am sorry for the late response. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with your Alta HR display not turning on. Thank you for trying to charge and restart your device. I would like to confirm if you keep having this difficulty? I will be glad to assist you further. 

Please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Alta has the same problem. 3 months after getting it it turned off and never turned back on. I tried the reset and to use a different USB port. I cleaned all the terminals with rubbing alcohol to no avail. I then had to suddenly move house and by the time i finally got it back out of the box it was out of any warranty so i have a very expensive and useless bracelet. I came on the forum hoping there might be a known problem and a solution i can try? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Noodle1! Thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. I am sorry for the delayed response.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I really appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, just keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

You can double check our warranty using this link

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the exact same thing happen to my Fitbit. Fully Charged. Owned for a week. Tried restarting it several times, to no avail. Please advise...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @paajichele

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience with the recently purchased Fitbit Alta HR. Thank you for your efforts to resolve the issue by restarting your device. I recommend confirming the complete troubleshooting steps which can be helpful: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried all of these. Unfortunately I think the charger for an alternate device might have fried the device.
Never saw that happen before... odd.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @paajichele, thank you for your reply. 

Thank you for confirming that you've tried the steps to troubleshoot this issue. I appreciate the additional details. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
ok thank you so much for your help hopefully my Alta HR will start working
again!

--
Gabbie R.
Best Answer