Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cardio Fitness Score VO2 Max Appeared

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone else now see their cardio fitness score (VO2 max) in the heart rate menu?

Mine appeared yesterday, I didn't think the Alta HR supported this?

I have been been given a small range estimate rather than a specific number (which is good enough for me), I do not have any other Fitbit devices tied to my account.

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

I'm not quite sure where to look for it but I do see in the heart tab on my phone a message saying, "See how fit you are, discover your cardio fitness score" and Learn More button.  When i hit that I see a screen saying Cardio fitness score, "get a better understanding of your ....." and then there is three dots under it and I can close the screen.  No other information on it.  Now I'm new to fitbit and haven't had it a week so this could be something that takes longer to determine?  But the note on it is new.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not just me then, if you scroll across on your heart rate graph at the top of the screen, you will see your cardio fitness score (above the learn more box).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh yes it says 43 - 47 great for you age lol..........not sure what that means but I think it's giving me a dig about my age!

Best Answer

It seems to be a new feature that was rolled out to some people yesterday, just have fun with it!  I got mine yesterday too.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did too. It appears I am pretty fit - in the excellent range (assuming it is correct lol) 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes I've now got it on my Blaze! if you swipe the heart rate monitor screen to the left your score appears, then either swipe again or tap the broken box icon top right for an explanation of your score.

I'm 56 yr old male - my score is excellent at 46-50 - anyone wish to compare?  

I've had the Blaze since January and have been cycle interval training (starting as a novice) - so It's a shame it doesn't tell you how you've progressed based upon the data they obviously have about you, I feel I've become fitter (cardio wise) but I'd like to know by how much in terms of the fitbit measure of VO2Max- anyone found out how to do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes I've now got it on my Blaze! if you swipe the heart rate monitor screen to the left your score appears, then either swipe again or tap the broken box icon top right for an explanation of your score.

I'm 56 yr old male - my score is excellent at 46-50 - anyone wish to compare?  

I've had the Blaze since January and have been cycle interval training (starting as a novice) - so It's a shame it doesn't tell you how you've progressed based upon the data they obviously have about you, I feel I've become fitter (cardio wise) but I'd like to know by how much in terms of the fitbit measure of VO2Max- anyone found out how to do that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Charge 2 for 6 months now and have improved slightly..started at 50-54 now 51-55

Best Answer
0 Votes

OH yea I noticed mine went down 1 point.  This makes sense since I teach skiing 7 days a week for 7 to 8 hours a day for 5 months in the winter.  I noticed yesterday that it is now 42 to 46 down one from the 43 to 47 I posted right at the end of ski season.  Cycling a couple hours a day and my other exercise just doesn't compare to being in the altitude and slogging skis with me everywhere.  I also weight less in the winter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I did notice my Cardio Fitness score decline when I went to Japan for a month but during my tour through Japan and walking/running through all the train stations in Tokyo I lost 5 lbs. when I got back and my score declined to 48-52 but after starting up my exercise regimen I went back to 50-54 and now a month and a half later I am at 51-55.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is 58 - 62, I'm 62 years old:-)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is 58 - 62, I'm 62 years oldSmiley Happy

Best Answer
BD,
Your score is exceptional, keep up the good work.  I can improve too but at 10 one hour classes a week (Boot Camp, Body Pump, Zumba, Hi Impact Aerobics) I'll probably die doing more.  Going to be 77 in a few months. No use pushing my luck.
Best Answer

Wow that's a great score, could you share with us how you got there, I'm guessing you've always been a fit and highly active person. I've recently improve from 46/50 to 48/52 and at the age of 56 I'm questioning if I can really expect to get much better, obviously you're figures suggest yes - but how? is HIIT the answer, I'm doing 3 cycling sessions of 45mins HIIT per week as hare as I can go, I feel I need the days in between to recover - so where do I go from here.

PS on in between days I walk typically 15000 steps and do light weights in the gym 2 days per week.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Let me start out by thanking you. I ride six days a week, 12 to 13 miles a day. I've been cycling for three years now. I'm up to an average of between 15 and 16 mph, about 50 minutes. When I started riding I was riding every other day thinking I needed the recovery time. It's just within the last month I've increased my riding to six days a week. I wish you the best.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was between 56-60 before and now I'm down to 52-56 😕 I need to exercise more I guess haha

Great to see you all participating in this thread! for those of us who need a little improvement, we go this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

You invited comparison? I'm 61 and my VO2 max score is 49 to 53. They used to be just a number 49 and then 50 and 51 over the last year and now it's suddenly turned into a range instead of a single number that only happened a few days ago and I don't know why and they can't seem to tell me how to change it

Best Answer
0 Votes