Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta HR with Water

SOLVED

Is thr new Alta HR waterproof? 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Accepted Solution
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pulled this from the 'All About Alta HR' post: "Your Alta HR is water resistant. It is rain and splash proof and can stand up to even the sweatiest workout; however, it should be removed before swimming or showering."

Accepted Solution
40 REPLIES

Pulled this from the 'All About Alta HR' post: "Your Alta HR is water resistant. It is rain and splash proof and can stand up to even the sweatiest workout; however, it should be removed before swimming or showering."

Accepted Solution

@Veronica0174 @leewtsn Welcome to the Community! It's great to see you here. The information that @leewtsn provided is correct! Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy

Let me know if I can help answer any other questions! Hope to see you around. 

Accepted Solution

I'm begging you, please make a FitBit that tracks heart rate that I can wear while swimming.

Accepted Solution

With so many users complaining about the Pure Pulse HR technology not working reliably with heavy sweating, I would suspect it would even less reliable in swimming.

Larry | Ohio
Ionic, Charge 2, Charge HR, Flex 2, Alta HR | Linux Mint Laptop | HTC One M9 Android FitBit App

Accepted Solution

no company today makes an optical HR that works under water, at any price. waterproof yes, tracks heart rate properly underwater, no.

that said it is a continuing disappointment that Fitbit remains the last fitness tracker company on the market that isn't waterproofing all of their wearables as a standard. i'm aware of the Flex 2 as a first step but its 2017 and to not have waterproofing is becoming more inexplicable by the day.

Surge, Charge 2, Flex 2 and Zip
Accepted Solution

I don't agree with your statement. The fitbit charge HR is waterproof to 1 atmosphere. Which is one of the reasons i bought it. I have showered with it on every time (like every day since I bought it) , went swimming with it, taken long hot springs baths 40+c with it (on hundreds of occasions) it still works fine. It also accurately took my pulse in these circumstances. I was sad when they made the charge 2 only splash proof or I would have upgraded. 

Accepted Solution

Draca: because swimming increases water pressure on your device 1 atm of water resistance is not industry accepted as being waterproof or acceptable for swimming which is why fitbit has never recommended using a Charge, Charge HR, or Charge 2 while swimming. the new Flex 2 has 5 ATM and 50 meter resistance and meets the accepted standard for swimming so Fitbit recommends it as their waterproof device.

Accepted Solution

So then which product would you recommend to replace a garmin vivosmart hr plus?  I bought it because I can bathe my kids and splash around with them without having to worry about ruining my device but would like to get a fitbit instead. I was REALLY hoping get this device would be 'the one' for me 

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

@JMH09 there is not a good equivalent. the only swim proof Fitbit today is the Flex 2, but it doesn't have a screen and is their most basic tracker. even the Fitness centric Surge GPS watch isn't swim proof.

Accepted Solution

I know so many people who would only buy a Fitbit if it was water proof. Fitbit could have such a good come back if they did that one thing. Not sure why they haven't don't this yet!!!?

Accepted Solution

Fitbit was way beyond that... they made the flex 2

Liam Cummings; Awesomewalks Fitbit expert; owner of Fitbit Alta;charge (returned to Fitbit)
Accepted Solution
0 Votes

The Flex 2 does not have the HR monitor, though.

Larry | Ohio
Ionic, Charge 2, Charge HR, Flex 2, Alta HR | Linux Mint Laptop | HTC One M9 Android FitBit App

Accepted Solution

Whatever

Liam Cummings; Awesomewalks Fitbit expert; owner of Fitbit Alta;charge (returned to Fitbit)
Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Is the Alta HR less waterproof than the Alta?

Accepted Solution

@phs3, neither the Alta nor the Alta HR are waterproof - one is not any less waterproof than the other. They are water resistant, but not waterproof.

Larry | Ohio

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Thanks. And Fitbit says the Alta is no more or less waterproof/resistant than the Flex. I showered daily with my Flex for three years, do so with my Alta now. So ... I wouldn't wear it swimming, but the Flex HR should be fine too.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

@Awesomewalks the Flex 2 being waterproof is a start but it is a device that tracks steps only and doesn't even have a screen. fitbit's largest 2 competitors have every single product in their lineup from wristbands to watches fully waterproof... until Fitbit makes the Alta / Charge / Surge / Blaze waterproof there is something lacking, especially since in many cases the prices for similar features are the same or more from Fitbit.

Accepted Solution

The Apple Series 2 Watch is waterproof and has heart rate. The Asus Vivowatch is waterproof and has heart rate, FitBit really need to step up and make all of their products waterproof. Even one of the Polar trackers with heart rate is waterproof. Come on FitBit, please give the consumers what they want and need.

Accepted Solution

@kristypower I found a relevant feature suggestion that other users have voted/commented on. This board would be the best place to have your voice heard on future things you would like to see from Fitbit.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Accepted Solution
0 Votes