Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change kilometres to miles?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can I change from kilometres to miles on my Alta HR? How would I do this please. Only had it a few days. Thankfully.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes you can. On the Fitbit Dashboard (on the website, not the App) tap the gear icon in the top right corner. Move further to the right and tap Settings. Scroll down on the next page to Units under Advanced Settings and change the ones you want. Come back of you have further questions.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Yes you can. On the Fitbit Dashboard (on the website, not the App) tap the gear icon in the top right corner. Move further to the right and tap Settings. Scroll down on the next page to Units under Advanced Settings and change the ones you want. Come back of you have further questions.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Thank you

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this exact thing on my desk top computer.  tapped the gear icon, selected my alta and there is no place to change from kilometers to miles.  This is kind of irritating to me because with all of my other devices this has never been a problems.  help me please.

Best Answer

@dorvisbunn you DON'T go the the Alta HR to change the miles to Km setting. It is an overall setting. Follow these directions: 

On the Fitbit Dashboard (on the website, not the App) tap the gear icon in the top right corner. Move further to the right and tap Settings. Scroll down on the next page to Units under Advanced Settings and change the ones you want.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks guys! I've done it, I couldn't find advance settings though. I just played about with it, and eventually found it lol. Happy now, I'm going out on my very first run today, only run 1 minute, walk two minutes, six times! Build up slowly for ten weeks. Wish me luck!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad you got there!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done exactly as you say but still no joy.  Under Units I have the options Length (CM or Feet/Inches), Weight (Stone/KG) and Water (Fluid Oz or ML) only.  No option to change to Miles from Kilometres listed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SarahLG change the cm to feet and inches and that will change the whole distance thing to imperial and you will have your miles instead of km. Lets us know if that works for you!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

It worked.  Thank you so much, it's been driving me nuts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Haha you are welcome!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what I want to do with my FitBit--just be able to set it for run-walk intervals, record distance, etc. How do I set these and change them when desired?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for your solution km to miles.it worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to find the Gear Icon.  I am at the top right of the Dashboard and when I click the icon it just gives me a Feedback page

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HK2A What are you trying to do? I mean what are you wanting to do once you find the gear icon? Are you working on the App or the website dashboard? On the website dashboard the gear icon is in the top right. Once you have selected it (and it looks like nothing has happened), SCROLL RIGHT and there is a short menu that comes up. Let us know how you go.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

I selected 'Settings' and did not find Advanced settings, nor Units under settings? A large setting selections, but no Units.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so frustrated with this!  I have changed it to feet/ inches and it still won't change it on my fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WalkerSr on you app go to account, scroll down to settings, select advanced settings and 6th on the list is Units. Select this and alter the units you want to change. Let us know if you are still having problems.

@Blocher try uninstalling your app, restarting your phone and reinstalling the app. Then restart your tracker and then try setting the units again. Make sure the tracker syncs and check if the message has got across. Let us know how you go.

Restart your Tracker

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for all your help. After searching through the 'setting' function, was able to find 'units' and change my steps from Km to inches/miles. Had to recharge my Alta HR and it now is correct. This was not an easy change, but the learning curve with this new Fitbit was interesting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WalkerSr Well done. Fitbits are often challenging! But it feels good when you manage to sort something out. ☺

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes