Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First hour or sleep not being tracked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the "fix" earlier this week when sleep was not being tracked correctly at all, I've noticed that the feature no longer accurately tracks when I go to sleep.  For example, if it's lights out at 11:30, then the next morning it will show that I went to sleep at 12:30.  It does not take an hour for me to go to sleep - as is borne out by all my previous records.  Anyone know how I can fix this?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Have you tried restarting your tracker several times? Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi there @srbm. Great to see you in the Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you seem to be having problems with your Alta HR not recording your sleep properly.

As @NellyG says, you can try restarting your tracker and see if this makes any difference. I would also add that since your  tracker relies not only on your heart rate but also on your movement to determine your sleep, it could be that after falling asleep, you're tossing around on your bed or maybe moving your arms while you get comfortable and this could make your tracker think that you've not fallen asleep yet, making it not to record the first minutes of your total sleep.

If you think this may not be the reason, give the restart a try and see how it goes.

Let us know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

My Alta (non HR) has been doing the same thing over the past couple of weeks. Just...blank time in the middle of the night. Or, it will say I only slept for 3 hours when I know that isn't true.

Fortunately, I have a vague idea of my bedtime and wake up times, so I've been able to manually adjust my sleep record—and, mysteriously, it's been recording that data the whole time, it just...blacks out...for a while. 😮

Absolutely NOTHING HAS CHANGED about how I wear my band, or how I go to sleep, so Fitbit Support should stop immediately "blaming" users. Since users are reporting these issues over the past few weeks, it's clear there's a software or firmware issue. 

Here's what you need to do, Fitbit:

1. Review the forums to learn when these reports started.
  2. Trace back your dev logs to find out what code changed during that sprint.
  3. Fix the code.
  4. Release fixed code to users.
  5. Happier customers.

You're welcome.

Best Answer

My Alta HR keeps saying, "Looking for device"!! I clean regularly when I take it of to charge. It updates fitness but not sleep!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also sometimes misses 1 to 1.5 hrs at the beginning of sleep.  I wish I knew why.

Best Answer