Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map tracking is off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've gone on long walks everyday for several months now.  The map usually shows my exact route...until a few days ago.  Now, it appears I'm cutting through houses, jumping fences and just going far off course.  This has caused my pace and distance to be highly inaccurate.  I've tried working with changing GPS on my android device (Samsung S8) and making sure I'm using data.  I have also rebooted my fitbit in the charger.  Can anyone help with the exact settings I need to make this work?

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @jmartinboyz. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your GPS not picking up the correct map for your run.

This shouldn't be related to your tracker, as it relies on the GPS on your phone for tracking the map of your activity. What I can recommend is making sure that GPS is turned on and location is enabled on your phone. For this, go to  your phone's settings and then tap on Security & Location and here make sure this is turned on.

Be sure that you have reception all along your route for your tracker to pick up the correct data and if necessary, try to restart your phone and see if this makes any difference.

Make sure you're going to the Exercise section on your phone, then that you're  tapping on the stop watch at the top right corner and that you're on the Track tab and you're starting and ending the activity from your phone.

Hope this helps and if you need more help with this, please let me know!

Ps. I'm moving your post to the Android board for categorization purposes.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I'm experiencing similar issues with my Versa.

Map logging on the Dashboard and Windows 10 app look fine, but on the Android app there are just huge chunks missing and even 1 bike ride from past friday that shows no route at all while again it looks fine on the dashboard and Windows 10 app. I wonder what's going on, since it first syncs with the Android app before uploading the data to the dashboard etc Smiley Indifferent

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for answering.  My GPS is most definitely on.  I'm still having the problem.  Today, the GPS on Fitbit had me going through a lake.  It was a 5-mile course I've done a thousand times.  So, I know where all my mile markers should be.  The GPS was way behind on miles and therefore my pace was all screwed up.  I also want to point out I put on my fitbit right before walking the course.  The dashboard on the Fit bit app showed a total of 5.4 miles while the Exercise portion showed only 3.2 miles. I've uninstalled the Fitbit app and reinstalled it.  I've rebooted the Fitbit itself. I've made sure data was available.  I've checked settings on my phone as well as the Fitbit app.  I can not for the life of me figure this out.

Best Answer
0 Votes