Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect Map My Run with Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I record my running data on www.mapmyrun.com but i'm unsure how to link fitbit with this 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

A warm welcome to the Community Forums @davidhampstead! 😄

I can definitely help you with this.

You can set up MapMyRun to automatically import your steps from your Fitbit tracker. To connect the accounts, please do the following:

1. Log into MapMyRun.
  2. Click the Improve tab and then select Device Connect.
  3. Find Fitbit on the list and click the Connect button. You're taken to fitbit.com.
  4. Log in with your Fitbit credentials.
  5. Go back to MapMyRun and go to your workout dashboard.
  6. Click the Import Workouts button
  7. Next to Fitbit click the Sync button. One month of your step history will be imported.

Provided your tracker has synced to Fitbit, logging into MapMyRun will automatically import your subsequent step history.

Hope this helps. Anything else you may need, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

How do I connect these two apps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @davidhampstead! Have you tried the kind suggestion by @FerdinandFitbit from the post above? Or, you can take a look at the help article How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I realize that I seem pretty unintelligent...but where is the improve tab?

Best Answer

Hi @NKContreras,  thanks for getting back! 🙂

I'm sorry, but, what are you referring to with the "Improve tab"? You only need to go to the Apps section on your settings but you need to make sure you're doing this on a computer on your browser. Go to fitbit.com/user/profile/apps or simply click here and follow the instructions above.

Hope this helps and please let us know if you need anything else!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I walked today and the map showed my route, steps etc.  (I pushed finish because I finished)!  This afternoon I wanted to walk again and couldn't pull up the map to show my route or even add it to the original one.  Is there a better way to do this or should I download a different app that would sync with the fitbit?  Thanks for any info.  (I am new to all of this so am just learning).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate to be a downer, but I was never able to get my stuff to link,
satisfactorily. Map My Run & my Fitbit both show a dramatic difference
with steps & calories burned but I use them both to just have a decent idea
of what I've done, on a daily basis. I use my Fitbit to keep up with my
daily steps but I actually log my workouts with Map My Run. I'm sorry-I
wish I were more help!

Good luck-
~Nancy

Moderator edit: personal info

Best Answer

This is what I’m seeing as well. I’ve been doing road biking since I got my Fitbit last week and it’s always behind a mile or two on the distance. Map My Fitness tracks it reliably because other bikers have clocked that distance at the same as MMF is doing. I just want the two apps to hold hands and be friends (lol) so that I’ve got as much accuracy as possible. So I use MMF when I’m riding but Fitbit tracks literally anything else. I found an article that said how to connect them and when I go ride in a bit I’ll see how it works out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nancy,

I'm getting the same issue. My Fitbit is off by a quarter of a mile in distance - and for some reason today I went for an hour and it had the time as 38 minutes! WTH? I have no idea what is going on with the Fitbit HR but it just started about three weeks ago - up until then everything matched well. Very frustrating as I don't want to always run with my phone to track my distance! But right now I don't trust my Fitbit. From other threads on the forum, it seems a lot of people are having issues with this - particularly the Fitbit Charge

MargeJ
Best Answer

I've managed to connect mapmyrun and fitbit. It says its synced but nothing from fitbit seems to be on mapmyrun. And I don't seem to have an import button on mapmyrun dashboard

Best Answer

My Fitbit is linked to Map My Run but it won’t upload any data. Suggestions? 

Best Answer

Mine also keeps coming up with'sync error' , every time I go to sync it. So same problem. My Fitbit data will not go across to mapmyrun???

Any other ways to go about this?

Best Answer

None that I’ve found

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I don’t see the Import Workouts and my Fitbit activity isn’t showing up in MapMyWalk.

Best Answer

I’m having trouble importing my runs, I’ve just done 5K and it’s logged on my Fitbit app but not on my MapMyRun, however I have already connected my Fitbit to my MapMyRun. Any help would be appreciated

Best Answer
good luck...I could never get the two apps to sync.

~N
Best Answer
0 Votes
Given up. Will continue with runkeeper

Sent from Samsung Mobile on O2
Best Answer

HI, it does not show when viewing app on phone. Go on their desktop website and login to see more functions and options.

Best Answer

May I know where do I find the import button? 

Best Answer