Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alta comes with the ability to set up and receive call, text, and calendar notifications on iOS and Android.

This post will provide instructions on how to setup your alerts so that you can see who's texting you, the Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 11.29.29 AM.pngcontent of the messages, who's calling, and what your calendar has on deck for you. For a detailed overview of alerts for Alta, please see this help page

• How do I set up call/text/calendar notifications on Alta? 
  1. Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled, and make sure your device is nearby!
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and tap your tracker tile at the top of your mobile Dashboard.
  4. Tap your tracker tile a second time, tap "Notifications" (iOS) or "Call and Text Notifications (Android) and then turn on call/text/calendar notifications.
  5. To verify that set up was successful, check out the list of Bluetooth connected devices on your mobile device. Your Alta should appear.
  • How do I view call/text/calendar notifications on Alta?

You can view your notifications when they come in by using Quick View or by double-tapping the Alta where the band and tracker meet.

Notes

• For Android users, please ensure that you've turned notification access on in your settings and enabled each notification in the Fitbit App. 
  • Calendar notifications use the native calendar app in iOS, and the native or selected 3rd party app on Android. 
  • Windows Phones do not support alerts at this time.
Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
643 REPLIES 643
Thanks... I don't know how or why it kicked in, but it kicked in and I'm
receiving texts on my fitbit now. Loving the Alta after getting that
straightened out!
Best Answer
I found and have fixed the text issue. It's alerting me for them now. However the phone calls aren't alerting now. When I go into call notification, the only option says contacts. Should there be another option? The person that called to test it is one of my contacts and it still didn't notify.
Best Answer

Really? Fitbit I have had  a flex for years, I wasnt a fan of the design of the Charge so I was very excited to see the sleek Alta, so I ordered it guess what, It synced for about an hour, during that hour I tried several times to get the text or call notifications to work,nothing...I did every help suggestion fitbit had to offer. So now after 40 Minutes of waiting to talk to someone on chat , I am 2nd in line. I am beyond disappointed!

If you dont have the bugs out why realease the new band?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@msteinheb Great news! Thanks for taking a moment to share your update with me.

@L_Rich Make sure that you click on the "Contacts" option to make sure that it is the selected. Let me know if that helps.

@Hwamz What phone model do you have? Is it listed on our supported devices list? Did you try the call/text notifications set up process listed here? Keep me posted

Best Answer
yes , I have a Galaxy S4 with OS version 4.3 just like the website
says..........
And I have tried the notifications .........several times after restarting
the ALTA and my phone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I clicked on it, it does nothing 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, i've restarted the Alta several times, unpaired/paired, everything is set up correctly and I've probalby set it up at least 5 times so far.  No notifications.  I went as far as to completely reset my phone thinking it was possibly another app causing the problem.  That didn't work either..... Text messages under "Messaging".

Best Answer

I received my alta yesterday and have been wearing it. It vibrates (not as noticeably as the Charge HR btw.. disappointing for the silent alarm to work)... and when I get a text/call the notification is very delayed. The screen remains black and i tap it furiously numerous time and eventually something pops up. This is annoying, as soon as my wrist buzzes I should be able to look down at my wrist and see why it buzzed.

Any fix for this?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem, with both call/text notifications as well as reminder to move.

Best Answer

mine stopped vibrating with messages and its still turned on in the Notifications. With the phone notifications,  the text goes by so fast that when i feel it vibrate, i look down and there is no info.  It doesn't hang around long enough for you to see whos calling.  I like my Alta but beginning to think i should have just stuck with the Flex. 

Best Answer
iPhone 6s that successfully gets notifications from my Charge HR. Alta shows as paired, and all notification settings are on, no notifications are coming through. Have reset both Alta and phone, as well as deleted Alta and set up again. Any suggestions?
Best Answer

when I get a call or text - the Alta Vibrates, but there is nothing displayed... sometimes If I tap immediately, it can see a brief notification, but usually not - and it just goes to time/steps, etc.  Notifications are on.  Blue tooth shoes connected...  do I need to re-set it somehow to make the notifcations display every time?

Best Answer

I have an iPhone 5s. My Alta is set up and syncs activity with the app, but when I click on Notifications, a message pops up saying "Bluetooth Pairing Failed. Call notifications and All-Day Sync are disabled for now". It gives me the option to cancel or try again. However, the device is syncing and showing connected when I look at my phone's bluetooth device list. I don't know why I can't get it set up for notifications.

Best Answer
I have tried everything and can't get notifications to work on my Alta. I have a Droid Turbo. Any suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes

mine does that too LeighAnnNC

Spoiler
Woman Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbit

my alta doesn't vibrate very strong like the flex.  by the time i look down the tail end of the call/message is disappearing or i don't see anything. I do check my phone to see if maybe its "time to move" feature.   sometimes i don't even get notifications for messages.  just got my alta yesterday.  i love the size.  guess i have to get used to it.  i like being able to see the time and steps.  the Charge HR and Charge were just to bulky feeling for me.  thats why i decided to try the Alta.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a bit dissapointed in the notifications. 

Since the vibration does not feel as strong as on my previous charge,  I would like the phone call notification to be longer than the two buzzes I'm getting .  I feel I'm going to miss notifications.

also

I would like to NOT have to activate the alta in order to see who is calling - just pop it right on the screen as it did with the charge.  doing some experimentation, it looks like if I have quick view on, it will pop up with a wrist turn, but  I don't have or want quick view on the rest of the time, so I this doesn't fit my needs.

So some more options here would be good.

EDIT:  Otherwise, I'm realy liking the alta over my previous charge.  I don't feel like I will miss the stair counting, and it never really worked all that well for me anyway.  Almost everything else is better.

Best Answer
OK so call and text notifications work, but twice I was unable to look at my Alta immediately and missed what it said. Without grabbing my phone is there a way I can scroll through the Alta screens to see the text I just missed?
Best Answer

My new Alta is not displaying incoming calls. texts, etc...nor is it vibrating.  I checked all of the setting and nothing.  

Best Answer

@Hwamz@L_Rich I recommend unpairing your Alta, pairing again and then setting up call/text notifications and try them again.

@SShannon Make sure that your Alta is paired to your phone when you're receiving messages. If it isn't paired, check out the full instructions for pairing, here.

@beachncamaro@amoehn33@finsup1017@LeighAnnNC In order to see your notifications you either have to double-tap the display or use Quick View as I've explained in this post.

@Susien56@cybercheles@SunsetRunner@FitMissB I recommend performing a restart on the Alta with these instructions. Let me know if that helps.

@JDBizz Thanks for your feedback! I recommend confirming that your Alta is snug on your wrist but not too tight that it cuts off circulation.

As for the necessary interaction in order to see who is calling, I suggest creating an idea on our Feature Request board to display the notifications without any interaction and also make sure to vote for it.

Happy to hear that you're enjoying your Alta! I like mine as well!

@NoelS At this time, there is no way to scroll through the past text/call/calendar notifications if you miss them. Unlike some other Fitbit trackers, notifications are not saved on Alta. You can't see them after the minute has passed.

Best Answer